Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MultiFlex Demo at Orlando HamCation 2019

2»

Comments

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You have to remember for every legit bug report there are also reports with exaggerated thread titles that turn out not to be a bug at all, but operator error or a new user looking for help, most times they get the answer or pointed in the right direction, but the over dramatic thread title remains and for those not following the thread are left with the perception of that thread title. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2019
    I have been Bitching about getting bugs fixed for years but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    @Joe N3HEE - FRS's stance on how the participate in this community runs towards leaving most threads uncurated and often not closed.  No don't get vexed when someone "bumps" a very old thread.  Often the the problem they describe is not software as Mike VE3CKO reminds us.  As community posts often contain scant information often not identifying the software version being discussed you will find time-displacement/version-displacement confusion in threads.  

@All - FRS did the same trickle down of fixes when v2 came out.  They didn't do it when v0 (Preview) was replaced by v1, as that was the end of the preview series as they moved towards their present testing posture.  

There is a chicken and egg issues folks need to get a grasp on, as the fixes people would like to see are drummed out in the overall Alpha Test process, which as a major version change includes tesing the next major version.  

I know from my point as an Alpha Tester the hammering this team does to get a release ready for all of the community is humongous.  The amount of volunteer man hours if not donated unpaid would make the software very expensive.  

It is in those thousands of hours of testing that fixes to the prior version are proven.

Then at a new version roll out the numbers of systems suddenly running the new software massively escalates, in the process checking what the Alpha Team found successful again.  

@FRS - Perhaps it might be work labeling obsolete threads or actually retiring them to an archive?  It doesn't seem productive to leave threads available to reopen when the initial thread software has long been replaced.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I really dont care what it takes for FR to fix bugs.  Not my problem.  As a customer I expect hardware and software that works as advertised.  Whether its Flex, ICOM, Yaesu or Kenwood. Right now there are known problems with 2.4.9.  Many have rolled back to 2.3.9.  That's not acceptable.  FR is very fortunate to have a loyal customer base that seem to put up the bugs and delays.  If you want or need more alpha testers to keep up with the rapid developement cycle then count me in.  I have a computer and engineering background and would love to help.  I am already a beta tester by default ! :)  I'm having fun with the radio and see great potential but expect a little more in the way of software support. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.