Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multi-touch panadapter zoom?

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
Here's a minor feature request because I'm sure you guys are bored and just sitting around waiting for us to ask for more features. ;-)

How difficult would it be to add multi-touch capabilities to panadapters (for touch-displays)?  So like a 2-finger touch pinch/unpinch to zoom/unzoom the panadapter?  Also a single touch-drag (or mouse click-drag) to scroll not just left/right, but up/down?

So yeah, minor request, and I realize it could be very complex in code to accomplish that.  I just dont know enough about WPF yet to know what that would require. :-)  Touch displays are becoming more common, and I'm about 99.9% sure that every monitor/computer I buy from now on will have touch capabilities.  I find myself touching my older "primary" mac laptop and then thinking "doh! it's not a touchscreen!". Drives me crazy.

-Robbie

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Before adding any touch screen features to SmartSDR, we need to finalize our distribution and VAR deals with Windex and Bounty paper towels.  You can't eat ribs and effectively work CQ WW WPX without lots screen cleaning materials.  We expect to rack up the sales once we do that!

Seriously, we are looking at all user interface possibilities and what makes the most sense form a device and work flow stand point.  All comments on this subject are welcome and encouraged.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Tim, this is so unnecessary.....just get a good sized Zip-Loc bag and drape it over the Maestro with strategically cut holes for the major knobs. This will prevent conductive barbe-goo from gumming up the unit's works. Of course, there may be some static electricity concerns but I can't do it all for you.

:)

Fleep
    KA4KOE
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hopefully, Flex will synchronize its WAN development efforts with Elon Musk. This way, when my new Tesla Model 3 arrives EOY2017, it will happily support Flex 6700 on my Model 3's 15 inch touch screen! I Can then retire my Icom AH-760!

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Tesla has NOT opened up the Screen on my Model S to anything except a web Browser..

• W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim - I'll make a request that goes in the other direction.  I find it difficult to accurately touch onto a CW signal using my Maestro - I can get close, but often not close enough to hear the station, and I find myself wishing for a mouse since I don't have this problem with SmartSDR.  
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hang on for the Model 3! It's a total clean slate.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is why we put knobs on the Maestro for fine tuning.  A fingertip will not be able to accomplish fine tuning on a 8" display.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Especially with all that barbie sauce on it
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Maestro is reasonably water tight, so barbie sauce smeared all over its screen should be A-OK!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.