Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MOX turns on unexpectedly

DaveC
DaveC Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This has happened several times in the past couple of days. For no reason, The MOX buttons is turned on. I am not doing anything with the radio, just listening. 

Radio 6300
ver 1.11.12
running Windows 10 64 bit Home
mode is CW
radio is connected directly to PC. nothing else connected to that port. PC uses wifi to connect to the internet

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Thanks
Dave KB1WOD

Answers

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    What software are you loading, ie...  Ham Radio Deluxe... Etc
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I use a logging program. SKCCLogger written by AC2C
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would try exporting your profiles, performing a factory reset on the Flex 6000 and importing your profiles excluding the Preferences. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    I disagree.  This "problem" is most likely the radio doing exactly what is being told to do.  I would shut down the logger and see if the problem persists.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    By chance, is it being MOX being toggled by the space bar on the PC?    By design the space bar will toggle the last SSDR mouse action if SSDR has focus.
    AL, K0VM
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Good point. Interestingly enough, I went to the logger and open the "configure radio" tab, and the MOX was set as soon as it was opened. This happens every time I open the "configure radio" tab. so diffidently something there. BTW this has happened on two computers. Did not notice this behavior with 1.10.  What bothers me is I wasn't doing anything with either the radio or the logging program at the time this happens.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    space bar has no effect on MOX . My setup is CW with breakin
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Do you have a FlexControl? At one time I configured the vfo to PTT when I push it and kids on my shack computer (yes, I should know better) sent it transmitting. So I decided to just disable it.

Ria

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes I have a FlexControl but none of the buttons are set to MOX. Plus I have been using the FlexControl for well over a year and never had this problem.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    BTW what does acronym MOX stand for?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    How about... Manually Operated tX  as opposed to VOX.. Voice Operated...
    AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited October 2017
    Manually operated switch
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Tim. I hate using an acronym and not knowing what it is.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Well Tim, I shut down the logger and it happened again. So I don't believe the logger is the issue. What now?
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It has happened again tonight. I will shut down the CAT interface and see if it still happens.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Discovered why my logger was causing the MOX to turn on.  I had created a virtual serial port that was PTT only. Whenever I opened the "Configure Radio" tab, it sent a command to that serial port that turned on the MOX. I believe I created this when I was trying to get fldigi running and forgot to remove it when I discovered I didn't need it. I am pretty sure this is the issue. If not I will post here. BTW I used to CAT log window to debug what was going on.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim was right again..lol
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited October 2017
    Not my first rodeo ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.