Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MouseWheel tuning in test app

James Whiteway
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR API
Another short video, with no sound or narration (sorry Bert), showing my panadapter testbed
and managing to tune the Slice Frequency using the MouseWheel. Still a few oddities as you will see, but, getting closer all the time. Once I have the actual Slice Receiver tune line and filter flag properly working, I'll go back to working with the Waterfall. (which works but, is sloooooww)
But, for now, just wanted some input from others. Oh, and this is NOT what the final application
will look like. It's just a down and dirty testbed.
james
WD5GWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAsrHCbOAAo

Answers

• Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    not bad for an Advanced.....
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    James, I believe you creating something like the mouse tuning in PowerSDR?
    Just hover the mouse over a frequency display and turn the wheel and tuning
    is possible according to the number pointed to?

That would be a very good idea!

Why would we need this feature, as waterfall tuning is possible?
    Well, for precision and fast tuning nothing beats a mouse wheel and if you're
    using remote with a notebook-even more so.
    Sadly SmartSDR is missing this feature, which was so great in PowerSDR.

I'm using a Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller with William Hemmingsen's
    program to tune, but mouse wheel tuning would be a great asset!

Alex-DH2ID
  • James Whiteway
    edited November 2015
    Alex, thanks for the comments. At present, I am using the same tuning behavior as SSDR. Scrolling the mousewheel anywhere on the main form will change the Active Slice's frequency. I can impliment the behavior as in PSDR but, that will be after I solve my tuning step issue. James WD5GWY
  • James Whiteway
    edited November 2015
    Thanks! High praise from an EXtreeee class ham indeed! :-) James

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.