Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse Wheel Control / Focus

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I am happy with the Mouse Wheel function. Only one important bug i found.

Scenario A:

only 1 slice is open

i move Mouse Cursor to scope or waterfall - if i turn Mouse Wheel freq change - that's OK

i move Mouse Cursor to the right menu windows, every slider can moved with Mouse Wheel - that's OK

Scenario B:

i open a 2. Panadapter ( every Panadapter has his own window)

move mouse cursor to the 2. Panadapter turn wheel and freq change - that's OK

now i move cursor back to the 1. Panadapter and turn wheel - freq of 2. Panadapter change - that's not OK

i click at 1. Panadapter window in scope or waterfall part and turn wheel - freq of 2. Panadapter change - that's not OK

After i click with mouse cursor at 1.  Panadapter on freq (ex. 14.099.60) then, and only then, the mouse cursor FOCUS move to this Panadapter

Mouse cursor focus must be always in Panadapter where the mouse cursor is - mouse focus must follow mouse cursor.

That's a basic function of every MS Windows !

73 Chris

DL5NAM

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Chris.  I have entered this bug report as defect #5908 in our bug tracker.  Thanks for the report.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I know for some this may seem like an irrelevant feature but for many this is great news to hear that scroll wheel control has been added to ssdr v2.1. This speeds up your ability to make fine adjustments on the fly and makes the most use of the Hardware to UI experience.

I’m sure once things get fine tuned with V2.1 is going to be even more amazing!

I look forward to getting my new radio soon.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am not sure I understand this.  I just tested scenario B.  

What is happening is that the "Active" slice is the one that is moved by the mouse wheel wherever it is.  The active slice is the Yellow colored one.

This is how it used to be and it remains the same.

I can see a desire to have the functionality mentioned I can also see that perhaps it is break the operating habits of existing users so I would suggest that the "mouse follow" be a feature that can be enabled or disabled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.