Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

More Sad News as Hams begin to retire!!!

Robert Lonn
Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
http://www.radioworks.com/

He made very good antennas!!

Answers

• KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

He was the only source of the Carolina Windom. The Carolina Windom is a Off Center Feed Dipole with a 22ft vertical down section with another balun at the bottom. I’ve had two. Burned both up running 1000 watts DSTAR into them. They will work fine at 1500 Watts SSB or CW, but not continuous data at over 750.

They were great antennas. He was a nice guy. Saw him at lots of ham fests with his wife and now, grown son.

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Retirement should be happy news. 

But this brings up a question - How many of us purchase antennas versus buying them?
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Please restate your question
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It's always a dilemma for me whether to purchase or buy my antennas.

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Maybe purchase or build?
  • Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member
    edited November 2018
    Press any key to continue, or any other key to quit.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have purchased a couple of his antennas in my 35 years of being a ham but in the last several moons have not bought anything but high quality wire, coax, balanced feedline and line transformers.  So basically build only.

He has been in the retirement mode for the last several years and not sold the product he once did.

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Har! Just saw what I did. Reminds me of the fact that its warmer down south than it is in the winter.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Am using one of his antenna's right now 6-80 meter Windom at 38 feet. Have 2 extra's in case.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.