Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

More precise Panadapter sizing ?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
Maybe I am being too **** retentive but is it possible to set the panadapter so the start of a band is on the lower left edge of the display and the upper limit of the band is precisely at the right edge ?  I'v tried various zooms and drags but can never get things as close as I would like. 
Andy K3UK

Answers

• Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Absolutely agree ... I've been looking for a way to better control the width as opposed to the apparently fixed levels of the zoom in/out control.  
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I simply place the beginning of the band at the left-margin, move the cursor over the frequency I want to 'stick' (the lower band-edge) on the lower-margin, and then mouse click/hold and drag-right until the end of the band is at the right-margin. The 'sticky' point stays in place ... drag to taste. Of course, you can start at the other end and drag-left or at any random point visible in the lower-margin.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Ah yes, quite right, I had forgotten about that since it behaves somewhat in a bizarre manner, moving the opposite end from where the mouse is.  I used to point in the middle to move it equally in each direction.  I think I gave up on it as being not worth the effort.  

What I'd really like is visual band edge markers!  I currently use TNF's but that gets me into trouble when a station is right on that frequency (e.g., a CW station on the boundary between CW and SSB).  
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Band edge markers have been brought up before.  Hopefully we see this sooner or later.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I place my band edge tnf markers a few Hz below and above the actual edge.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Totally agree. Another enhancement would be to color code the bands for CW/RTTY vs phone and other modes, etc and show which areas are off limits (beep/warn or block transmit) based on operators license rights. This could be a View option that adds a short band indicator **** across the top of the pan adapter window; i.e. Can be disabled for those who don't need or prefer it. This would be very helpful to those who aren't intimately familiar with all the band limits and want to ensure we always operate legally and within our licensed operational limits (and helps train us on exactly where those limits are) Hope that's helpful. Rick
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Use TNF at each band edge....gives you visible band edge markers.
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Once you have gotten the band displayed the way you want then you might want to Save a Global Profile.  Then you can just select the profile you saved and the display will come back to the way you prefer showing the whole band.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    One thing to note is that even if you get the panadapter perfectly aligned to the band edges, once you tune close to either edge the pan will shift anyway by scrolling left or right. So any OCD solutions to perfecting the display pan are only temporary. Nevertheless, I do like to use TNF lines to mark band edges and phone/CW divisions. With the TNF set to most narrow, they are visible but not too obtrusive. Btw: if they are a problem, you can turn TNF OFF on the bottom panel. They will still be visible, but not functional.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Also agree and I'll go one step further and request this be put in Profiles like Panadapter Profiles where we an save operating conditions like PC, Maestro, Remote, Maestro Shack, Maestro Patio where it would remember settings such as sizing, screen intensity, band markers and so on. Yes this has been brought up before.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Profiles are radio "state" parameters, so that no matter which client connects to the radio, the radio's configuration is maintained even after the radio is powered down.  The client software settings are saved locally on the particular client for obvious reasons.  You the radio is used by different clients (think operators) you the presentation of the radio is maintained.  Since the radio can connect to an infinite number of different clients, storing this information (client type and user) in the radio is not scalable.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thx for reply Tim. Why not limit the "Panadapter Profiles" to a finite amount, say 5, that certainly should not be a concern of eating up valuable memory space. I would think the number of Flexradios being accessed remote via WAN (v2.0) would be a small number compared to the single home user and wants to use their Maestro or login remotely themselves, not making their radio public.  If available space is a concern, add the capability to use USB drive to use certain features, just a thought.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is a great idea, so simple but I never thought about that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.