Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Monitor audio in the 6700 vs 5000

Options
K4EAR
K4EAR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in
In the Flex 5000 with 2nd rx it looked like a -80dbc pad from the rf driver to the PA being relay switched to the RX1 input if monitor was selected in TX mode. This seems to indicate that I actually monitored "demod'" audio as would be transmitted within the RX/TX filter boundaries. Is there a similar path with the 6xxx series or is the monitor just a simple pick off from a codec output of post eq/comp and not an actual "demod" from a receiver? Not worried about latency.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If this is not the standard mode of monitor, can it be done this way with one of the slices on either the 6700 or 6500 for a few tests? My assumption is that it might be possible with the 6700 but not the 6500 due to two SCU's in the 6700. How far off am I?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The simple answer is that we have both in the 6000 series hardware -- we have both the return path within the codec that lets you listen to your input audio + processing with minimal latency (this is enabled with the MON button) AND a hardware path that allows us to connect the transmitter to a receiver via a pad (not currently used in SmartSDR for Windows). Note that we use the latter in production test to verify the radio performance.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Neat! Is this going to be incorporated in both 6700 and 6500 in a later release of PSDR?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't know of any immediate plans to incorporate this into the client. We would certainly entertain ideas about this though.
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This inclusion would allow separate software monitoring off the accessory port for RTA monitoring and TX audio tweaking without a 2nd receiver. My vote.