Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Monitor audio in the 6700 vs 5000

K4EAR
K4EAR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in
In the Flex 5000 with 2nd rx it looked like a -80dbc pad from the rf driver to the PA being relay switched to the RX1 input if monitor was selected in TX mode. This seems to indicate that I actually monitored "demod'" audio as would be transmitted within the RX/TX filter boundaries. Is there a similar path with the 6xxx series or is the monitor just a simple pick off from a codec output of post eq/comp and not an actual "demod" from a receiver? Not worried about latency.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If this is not the standard mode of monitor, can it be done this way with one of the slices on either the 6700 or 6500 for a few tests? My assumption is that it might be possible with the 6700 but not the 6500 due to two SCU's in the 6700. How far off am I?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    The simple answer is that we have both in the 6000 series hardware -- we have both the return path within the codec that lets you listen to your input audio + processing with minimal latency (this is enabled with the MON button) AND a hardware path that allows us to connect the transmitter to a receiver via a pad (not currently used in SmartSDR for Windows). Note that we use the latter in production test to verify the radio performance.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Neat! Is this going to be incorporated in both 6700 and 6500 in a later release of PSDR?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    I don't know of any immediate plans to incorporate this into the client. We would certainly entertain ideas about this though.
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    This inclusion would allow separate software monitoring off the accessory port for RTA monitoring and TX audio tweaking without a 2nd receiver. My vote.