Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Monitor with CW filter wider than 1k?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
Is there a reason we cannot use CW filter widths wider than 1K?  Any click on 1.5 or or 3K causes SmartSDR to quickly rever back to 1K .  There are times were listening in CW mode to wider widths is useful

Andy K3UK

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I enjoy listening to CW in the USB/LSB mode. Just bring up another slice and mute the audio on slice A.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Do you have some other program running that is setting your radio back to 1K when you change it in SmartSDR? I can select 1.5K and 3.0K and, dragging the filter itself I can go beyond that. It doesn't snap back.

I have seen, when running some bridging software, where the bridge gives me problems changing modes and filter widths until I quit it. But SmartSDR by itself seem to operate as expected with CW filters.

Kev

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Kevin.  I wondered the same thing but did not see anything that was obvious.  I'll play around some more.

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    I found the culprit .  Commander of DX Lab Suite.
    Andy K3UK
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    In Commander's configuration/general tab turn on Full-width RX Filters. I think this permits you to set filters different than the ones defined in the Filter Groups tab without Commander trying to reset them.

• Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, that will allow wider filters if you are using Commander.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    Aha! Many thanks Tom.  That works.
    Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.