Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

monitor on top of 6400m

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Have a newbe question.  Is it advisable to put a 27 inch monitor on top of the 6400m.  I have a space problem.  I have a 5 inch riser that I can put the monitor on, BUT I will only have about 3 inches from the front of the 6400 m to the edge of the corner desk.  If I can put the monitor on top of the 6400m it would be better.  Would this be ok.  I notice that some of the pictures on the internet show it on top.  

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Structurally, it depends on the weight of the monitor.  If it deflects the cover in any way, the answer is no.

Then there is the RFI issue of having the devices on top of one another.  Again, if there is a problem. move it.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks. Tim.  I will keep looking.  Did not think of the weight of the monitor or RFI possibilities.  I believe the one I will get in 8 1/2 pounds.  I purchased a 20 inch one thinking it would be big enough.  Seen what it looked like in a store and said nope.  27 inch diag  24.5 wide.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Not that I am recommending this, but a thin piece of plywood the same size as the radio chassis will end up distributing the weight to the edges of the chassis which are a lot more structurally sound that the center.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.