Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MON function

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Please add more gain to the MON function.  I have to turn it ALL the way up and can barely hear myself in my headphones.  Needs quite a bit more gain.

Thanks!
Greg

Comments

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Greg,

I'm assuming you are using headphones?  I have my main headphone volume set at about midpoint, and MON at 70 and I can hear myself really well, and can turn it up enough to start getting feedback.  If you have your main headphone volume low, that will limit how loud MON gets.  Turn you main volume up, turn down the slice volume if it's too loud and then you should have plenty of gain on MON.

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    I'll try that...thanks. I thought they were independent.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

MON seems to act as kind of a percentage of the main speaker/headphone volume and is independent of individual slice volume sliders.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken,

The main headphone/speaker volume is just that -- the main volume control, and it will control the volume of the MON function.  However, if someone has set their slice volume up to max (or very high) and used the main volume control to reduce volume, one will have created a situation where the MON level might not be high enough at maximum to be heard.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.