MON function

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Please add more gain to the MON function.  I have to turn it ALL the way up and can barely hear myself in my headphones.  Needs quite a bit more gain.

Thanks!
Greg

Photo of Greg

Greg

• 656 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael - N5TGL

Michael - N5TGL

• 308 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
Greg,

I'm assuming you are using headphones?  I have my main headphone volume set at about midpoint, and MON at 70 and I can hear myself really well, and can turn it up enough to start getting feedback.  If you have your main headphone volume low, that will limit how loud MON gets.  Turn you main volume up, turn down the slice volume if it's too loud and then you should have plenty of gain on MON.

Photo of Greg

Greg

• 656 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
I'll try that...thanks. I thought they were independent.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4203 Posts
  • 1338 Reply Likes

MON seems to act as kind of a percentage of the main speaker/headphone volume and is independent of individual slice volume sliders.
Photo of Michael - N5TGL

Michael - N5TGL

• 308 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
Ken,

The main headphone/speaker volume is just that -- the main volume control, and it will control the volume of the MON function.  However, if someone has set their slice volume up to max (or very high) and used the main volume control to reduce volume, one will have created a situation where the MON level might not be high enough at maximum to be heard.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.