Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mode persistence in 1.3.8 & 1.4

Options
Joe - KC2TN
Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I’m having a problem with the Mode not setting correctly in SmartSDR after selecting a SPOT from DXLab SpotCollector. When I’m using my Flex 6500 and normally switching between bands and modes using the Band Switch, the proper Mode (USBLSBCW) is set. So, when I switch to a band like 20M that uses USB, it is set correctly when I get there. If I switch to a band that uses LSB it is also set correctly when I get there. I can switch in any order, using the radio’s band switch, from one band to another and the mode is set correctly. However, when I click on a SPOT the proper band and mode is selected for that SPOT, BUT if I subsequently use the Band Switch to change to a band that uses a different sideband mode, the PROPER USB or LSB is NOT correctly selected. The MODE that belonged to the SPOT I originally selected carries through to the band I switched to, regardless if it was USB, LSB or CW. I’m not sure if this is a DXLab issue or an SSDR issue. I am able to repeat this issue in V1.3.8 as well as V1.4. Dave's response from DXLab: >>>The sideband that Smart SDR selects when you direct it to change bands is not something that Commander controls. That said, I did not noticed that behavior with my 6500; I’ll check it when I return home. Joe -KC2TN

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I need some clarification.  You wrote

However, when I click on a SPOT the proper band and mode is selected for that SPOT, BUT if I subsequently use the Band Switch to change to a band that uses a different sideband mode, the PROPER USB or LSB is NOT correctly selected. 

Which band are you switching to?  Is it one you have previously set up a slice in?  Can you provide an example?
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    **** - WB4VMH

I believe your issue is from DX Lab.  I use HRD and over the past few weeks have been trying out the DX Lab Suite of Programs.  In doing exactly what you noted I see the same effects.  HRD seems to hold the LSB or USB or even CW when selecting stations from the Postings.   When I attempt the same operation under DX Lab I am forced to change the settings.   No scientific study being done just what happens and what I  have to do between the two Software Packages.
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

The set up is this - I have one slice open on 7177/ LSB,  one on 3636/LSB and one on 14.200/USB.

1) I'm sitting on the 7177 - LSB slice

2) I click on a 14.256/USB SPOT whcih changes the 14.200 Slice to 14.256/USB - OK

3) I use the band switch to go back to the 7177 - LSB slice and it's now switched to USB

4) If I go to the 3636 Slice it's still on LSB. Only the first band change after the SPOT selections seems to be affected.

(If I went to the 3636 slice 1st then it would have been changed to USB and the7177 slice would stay the same.)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have enter this report into our bug tracker for further investigation.  Please report any additional information related to this specific issue in this community topic.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can confirm that DXLabs has/had issues with switching modes, It stopped doing it a while ago, nothing I tried when it was doing it had any permanent effect. When it ain't broke I just say thank you, and stop fixing it. I thought it was just me.

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Joe,

Are you still seeing this behavior with the latest version of DXLabs? Changes were made so that DXLabs uses the SmartSDR API instead of CAT and we believe we may have fixed this issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.