Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MMTTY no longer keys SSDR / Flex 6700

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
MMTTY was working for a few weeks with my Flex 6700. Using latest versions of MMTTY, SSDR and SSDR CAT.

I am decoding RTTY fine via DAX. I just can't key the Flex 6700.

I set up COM 12-22 as a PTT port in SSDR CAT

In MMTTY TX tab I set PTT & FSK to COM12.

MMTTY sends characters when I try to tx but the Flex 6700 does not key.

What am I doing wrong?

Bill

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Try terminating SSDR CAT and restart it and see if the PTT port starts working again!

• William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the tip, Neal. But, still doesn't work after restarting SSDR CAT

Bill AA7XT
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Start SSDR, reboot the computer and cycle power on the radio. Fixes most ailments.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Make sure DAX TX is enabled
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Also make sure the slice has the TX focus. It is not uncommon to reboot and see have one or both of these not remembered correctly.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    While i didn't have the problem with RTTY keying I know 1st hand the problem for PSK. The problem is in CAT I have had the settings correct and still no luck keying. How i fixed it was to delete all virtual serial ports reboot the computer then recreate them with dts and dtr enable. Then reselect them in your digital program. This worked for me give it a try. Ian
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Make sure you have "Kenwood, Elecraft" selected in the Radio Command box in MMTTY.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Try setting MTTY to 22, 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    William "Bill" Hein,
    Have you been able to get your PTT going. Am definately watching this one
    as I have had a few of the scenarios above turn up myself.

A couple of nights ago I had been operating RTTY as W1AW/9 and finished my shift
    with gear still on the AC power went off in town (Podunk Hollow mind you) and stayed off
    for 3 or 4 hours.  But anyway my whole house generator kicked in as usual.
    The computers are on an APC 1000 rack mount ups and stayed up no problem.
    The Flex 6300 and Acom 1000 amp are not on ups of course.
    I re-booted the Flex (pushed the button) with SSDR still running and NO PTT with MMTTY (running through Writelog btw). DAX was not the issue as the waveform showed me transmitting but the amplifier said NO rf signal was leaving the transmitter so NO PTT.
    I shut it all down and started everything over as usual and suddenly all was good.
    Yes of course it scared the begezous out of me but all is good now so
    please do comment if you able to resolve however simple or complex the outcome.

Clay Melhorn N9IO
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I want to the do the 10m RTTY contest tomorrow but that will be difficult if I can't transmit!

Rebooted PC and power cycled Flex 6700. That didn't fix the 'MMTTY won't key SSDR' problem.

The DAX button lights in the P/CW panel when I am in DIGL mode so that wasn't the issue.

MMTTY will not go past COM16 so I can't use COM22 with this application. In any event, I thought the external connection on the Flex virtual serial ports was to the lower port number? Is that incorrect?

I have never had Radio Command activated when using MMTTY with SSDR / Flex 6700.

I was, however, to fix the problem by deleting all the Flex virtual ports and then recreating them. Now I am transmitting with MMTTY and SSDR / Flex 6700 just fine. Thanks for that tip!

------

While we're discussing MMTTY and SSDR, here's a tip. Use a 1 Hz step when tuning RTTY signals and carefully line up the mark and space peaks in the MMTTY FFT Display. Very small frequency changes can dramatically improve copy of weak signals.

Bill AA7XT

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the update Bill, sorry you had to re-create the ports. Duly noted for future reference.

Also I have been setting the incremental tuning to 5hz for quick tuning the occasional pileup during W1AW/9 event.
    BTW: running split with two slices is the nuts.
    I know this would not work nearly as well with my FT-920 without the pan adapter.
    This is crazy nice, thanks FLEX...Having a blast...
    Clay N9IO
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello, Clay!  Yes, I love my Flex 6700 and SSDR despite the endless transmit and connection (MMTTY, CW Skimmer) issues. I am confident the software will stabilize and I am looking to new features like WAN access with great anticipation.

Bill AA7XT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.