Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MMSSTV noise where there shouldn't be - DAX

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone try SSTV yet with MMSSTV?  I am using DAX channel 6.  When I set the dax to zero (no audio) i am still getting noise on the SSTV display.  Please see included pic.

Thanks and 73
Greg

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Looks alot like Jt65 when you dont open the receive filter up wide enough. Increase your receive filter width I bet that clears up Mike N9DFD
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    My point is that I have the DAX RX channel all the way to zero.  I would expect there to be no noise on the display.

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    DAX is still very unstable too.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I often have to close down DAX and restart it to get it going again.

• W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Greg, there is a previous thread from my friend Larry regarding his inability to decode PSK 31 unless the signal is very strong on his 6500. He tried running SSDR on another computer and decode was much, much better. His conclusion is that DAX on his main computer is injecting noise. He hasn't had time to try uninstalling DAX and reinstalling but perhaps that is an option. Bon Chance!
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Have been running DM780 ,DDUtil ,and my 6500 , and dax since dax functioned.
    Running PSK31  the 6500 / DM780 will decode signals not even enough to show on the waterfall. Finding a clear space is the usual. 

Also it is on one machine. There is no noise generated from my computer or Monitor  .

The issue of DAX failing to start or you turning it off  .I believe that someone reported this possible  problem and it was not a "Clean install"

What I have seen is multiple computer Hacks /hijacks etc in this computer that really screws everything up. Today's computer Thief's out there  make it    absolutely necessary to continually run the various Cleaners / Malware / hijack software find and destroy programs . This keeps everything working

So for a suggestion I would remove your programs Campaign with the various computer clean up programs . Get your computer running 100%  and then reload Flex etc.      

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited September 2014

I have exactly the same spectrum on the display from MMSSTV as there is no signal on the input. This is done by the large range AGC in MMSSTV and shows the noise generated internal by the PC.

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited September 2014

Al kind of third party programs as MMSSTV , Whisper and Opera are unstable in the use of DAX channels. If I start any of this programs , then sometimes the previous set DAX channels are changed to a random other number. The same experience has pa0wmr. We think that this problem is not related to SSDR or DAX but to the PC and/or the third party programs.

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Greg did you ever get this resolved. I can get the receive working fine but can not figure out how to get the tx audio setup.

Bill
    VA3QB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.