Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MixW Version 4 SmartSDR Configuration

Charlie, WA3UTC
Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Third-Party Software

After installing Mixw Version 4 (Registered) any attempt to assign SmartSDR DAX controls and saving the configuration causes Mixw Version 4 to crash. I am not real sure why this is happening!  If any one out there is using Mixw Version 4 would it be possible to see your configuration for both the soundcard and rig selection?

Charlie,  WA3UTC

Answers

• Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    same problem.  Kenwood still the only CAT template

• Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited March 2018
    I figured that CAT would still be Kenwood; however, it is a mystery why DAX would crash...  I will try to get hold of those across the pond later today and see what they have to say.   I do not have any problems with MixW Version 3 as DAX works great; however version 4 looks great and has many more options.
  • Georges
    Georges Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Same here. CAT/PTT works with TS-480 settings. DAX crashes the program. I have sent a message to the developer. 

George, LX1BB
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited March 2018

Thanks George. DAX RX is the actual product causing the crash.  I sent a note to the developer also and lets see if they can come up with some magic they can come up with to give us some joy.

Charlie, WA3UTC

• Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited March 2018
    George, have you heard anything from the developer on our issue?   I have not received a response from them as of yet.

Charlie..... 
  • F1AQW
    F1AQW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    same problem
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    I suspect that this is a MIXW problem where the programmer has not accounted for the longer sound device name and when entered, there is a buffer overrun situation that causes the program to throw an error that is not handled properly.  I would be reporting this to the developer.

If MixW is not being updated regularly anymore, you may want to consider FLDigi.  It is actively being updated and this is the program Support uses for validating digital mode setup because of how reliably it works with both CAT and DAX..
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited June 2018
    Good Morning Tim. 

A new version is out for Mixw4 (MixW4 V1.0.4 05-April-2018) which i have not installed and tested as of yet.  Previous requests to the developer have not been answered directly. Rigexpert now owns the software product which is a good sign. It does look like they are actively working on the software according to their errata sheet for the current release.

I agree with you on the longer sound name as the possible problem.  I also like FLDigi and it works very well; however since a group of us paid for the new version of Mixw4 we are hoping that the developer has taken into account our wishes for a working program.

I will let you all know how we make out.

Charlie, WA3UTC
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Charlie, thanks for the update on the change of ownership for MixW.  Hopefully, you will get a remedy soon.  Good luck!
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited May 2018

Thanks Tim;

I did just install Version 1.0.5 and DAX still does not work and crashes the application.  I guess we will need to wait on the developer and see if they answer our requests for help.

Charlie....

• Thomas P Moore
    edited June 2018
    Same problem here, Mixw 4 program (newest version) stops when selecting DAX. Fldigi works fine so do older Mixw 3 versions. I can get the cat to work and the transmit audio selected and it will transmit but the dax rx audio kills the program.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have dropped MIXW from my drawer of software because of these issues and bought HRD which seems to work FB.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I recommend using fldigi, which is free and works like a charm with SmartSDR all versions.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/
  • I0JBL - Luc
    I0JBL - Luc Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Same to me. I use MMTYY and WSJT-X. Quit from now fron MixW 4.0

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I downloaded and installed the 12/29/18 version today. This problem continues. I'd really like to see this work as I am interested in the SSTV mode that MIXW 4 has whereas FLDIGI does not.

I'm running a Flex-6400M and Windows 10 Pro.

Tim N9PUZ

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ditto to the above, I have also just installed version 12/19/18  and as soon as I enter the souncard settings it crashes.
    Paid for this program, NOT a good look

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I use the version 4 only for 5 minutes. After each sound card setting it crash.
    I have written a error message but - no response till today.

I am back at version 3. If they not fix the bug - it will be my last version.

Chris DL5NAM
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited January 2019
    I have never received a reply from the developers of this application nor have they addressed the reported problems with this software associated with the DAX issue.  Effectively I gave up on the application and figured the money spent in its purchase is lost.

Charlie,  WA3UTC 
  • Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I received a reply from MIXW regarding the MIXW 4 crashing issue. Not much information here but at least they have officially acknowledged the problem. For what it's worth a copy of their response is below...

Dear Mr. McDonough,
    My name is Katerina, I'm developer of MixW4.

We are aware of this crash bug and are working on fixing it.

Currently MixW4 does not work with Flex but scheduled to start work.

Now we are collecting models Flex that will be implemented first. Your transceiver model has been added to the list.

When we release the version for Flex we will notify You.

73! Katerina UT3UKQ
    MixW Team
    Tim N9PUZ
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited January 2019
    This is good news and more than I received 10 months ago.   Thanks for getting the developers attention.

Charlie,  WA3UTC
  • Georges Mathgen
    edited February 2019
    Hi all,

MixW4 Version 1.0.7.2 now works with my Flex 6500. Cat configured with TS-480 settings.
    Not sure if I will like it. Still misses SSTV.

George, LX1BB
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited February 2019
    I also have had success with the new version.   This is good news.... Now to take some time and see how well it works.   Good luck and thanks for your report.

Charlie, WA3UTC

• David Jolley
    David Jolley Member
    edited April 2020
     I am Looking for the cat control page so i can set it up  where is the setup for that? anyone know??
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    edited April 2020
    Good Morning David.  The CAT setting are on the main page on the spectrum window.  Click on the scope screen and you will have access to the CAT settings.

CAT Settings
                                     I
                                     I

• MixW used to be a great program in the PS31 heyday. I just installed Mix4 and its not as easy to use as WSJT and JT Alert on FT8. I had trouble getting TX to work on the 6600

• I too tried mixw4 but found it wasn’t very friendly and iWSJT and JT alert easier to use

• np4zulu
    np4zulu Member ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Any progress with the flex integration?

I really like this software and it would be a shame not to get it working properly on flex.

Thanks

Felipe

NP4Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.