Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

missing logo

spinnaker
spinnaker Member ✭✭
Apparently, subsequent to Dayton a decision was made to emblazon the elegant company logo on the front and top panels of the 6400/6600 series radios.  Why is this logo missing from the top panel of the 6400m and 6600m radios?  This seems counterintuitive.

Answers

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I was also hoping the Logo would be on the top cover of the M models !
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2019
    No need to panic.  The new radios do have the FlexRadio wave stamped on the top cover.  It is just some of the images on the website have not been fully updated yet.  When we complete a new product, we hire a professional photographer to shoot them.  We just haven't done it just yet.
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Tim...panic averted!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    :-D
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Good news ! Now how much do they weigh ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    It's relative since it depends on the mass of the object you measure them on ;-)
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    did i forgot to tel that i also a photographer ?   ,shipping is probably less expensive that hire a local one ;-)

got that one this morning https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc7vgY-jK82/?taken-by=ve2olm
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2017
    I can also take professional photo’s if you send me one. I can even photo shop flames coming out of that monster fan or anything else you like
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It is heartening to see Steve and Marc step up to the plate.  Why not post an ad in the next issue of QST?  Ad could feature one of the new radios alongside Marc's superb "owl" photo, captioned: "Wise hams buy Flex!"
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    That is a beautiful owl.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    bit of Photoshop for put this one whit the wink on top of a radio may nice to

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcK2gYzDvpa/?taken-by=ve2olm

but local fauna is tired to see me everyday ,so it hope that got radio soon ;-)

• Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited December 2017
    I had my Sticker Personal Qualification Standards (SPQS) signed off in the Navy.  Work on my radio and I'll happily stick the sticker on the top when it arrives.
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Gary.  I am pleased to know that you are (Navy) "sticker-certified".  I am also happy to know that in this case, the logo for the new radios is being stamped into the panel (much more desirable than having to affix a sticker!)
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited December 2017
    Shhhhhhh!!!  Just trying to lighten things up.  One doesn't get to "boast" much about PQS  23 years after retiring.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.