Minideluxe with DM780 and SmartSDR?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Does anyone know if minideluxe will work with DM780 and SmartSDR from flexradio? If so, what settings are needed?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU
Photo of Arnie

Arnie

• 108 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I've not tried Minideluxe, but I am running DM780 alone with SmartSDR. It works quite well. I am not using HRD or any CAT at this time.
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 679 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Jim, how do you get the audio stream from the radio to DM780.
Photo of Arnie

Arnie

• 108 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Jim:
If you are not using any CAT, how are you accomplishing T/R changeover from DM780?
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Having grown up with real radios that glow in the dark and are stand alone receivers and transmitters and often home built this seems much more straightforward than all the CAT, whatever, that may be useful for integrated logging, turning a beam, etc., but just adds lots of complexity (and computer cycle overhead) to simply go from receive to transmit and back: 1) Use the 6700 ACC connector to connect to a SignalLink USB. 2) Configure the DM780 soundcard option for the USB audio input and output of the SignalLink USB. 3) Use the PTT function available on the ACC with the SignalLink USB. You're done.
Photo of Steve - K5FR

Steve - K5FR

• 65 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
The HRD apps won't work directly with the F6K radios using SCAT (Smart Cat). However, DDUtil v3 has a special HRD Server built in that does work with the apps.

If you wish to go that route please see the DDUtil v3 wiki at this link.
http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.ph...

For DDUtil questions there is a Yahoo group also.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DDUtil/
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I'm using a SignalLink USB for the physical connection through the ACC connector on the FlexRadio 6700. As I understand it a physical device must be used pending a revision of that software that supports the virtual cable environment used on the 1500, 3000, and 5000 machines.
Photo of Arnie

Arnie

• 108 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Steve:
Using the DDUtil approach, does that interface DM780 without the need to have HRD open?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU
Photo of Steve - K5FR

Steve - K5FR

• 65 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yes, it does. That's the whole point.
Photo of John VE1CDD

John VE1CDD

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, Minideluxe will connect to HRD Logbook allowing DM780 to be used. Of course, you still need an external interface (in my case SignaLink) for the audio.
73 John VE1CDD
Photo of Arnie

Arnie

• 108 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
But will minideluxe work with SmartSDR? If so, what settings are recommended?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU