Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

mini delux install

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I want to cut down on CPU usage and use MiniDelux in lieu of the full HRD program with my 6700 and Win 7 machine...I have down loaded the software but cant find any install instruction... anyone done this who can assist.

Tnx, AH0U

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

You will need to have a SmartSDR CAT virtual serial port created (mine uses COM 8 and set to auto switch TX)

Next download and install latest Mini Deluxe (currently v2.1). https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/releases

Run MiniDeluxe.exe. It will launch to the system tray. Right click the icon in the system tray and select options. Then change it to the com port number you created in SmartSDR CAT and make sure the SmartSDR checkbox is checked.

Please note - I am seeing an issue with latest HRD Logbook version 6.3.0 build 604 where the mode, band and filter buttons in the logbook radio control pane are not updating automatically. This will cause the automatic logbook entry window to not track mode correctly from radio. I have made the staff at HRD aware this evening.

Dave wo2x

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dave, I have no problems with MiniDeluxe at all, using the same versions you have.
    There is nothing about this on the forum http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/
    Have you set logbook to tracking?
    I have found no filter setting anywhere in logbook, what do you mean with "filter button"?

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited December 2016
    Hi Alex Try this. Using latest 6.3.0 build 604. Set your radio to either USB or LSB. Open the AutomaticLogbook Entry window by clicking on the ALE button. There should be no call sign info in the ale window. Verify the mode is checked to track automatically and mode matches your radio. Now click on a CW spot and the radio will QSY to CW but the mode section in the ale window remains on the previous mode. It does not track. . Dave wo2x
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dave,  you're right if you do it this way. 
    I have CW Skimmer running here and clicking on the CW Station I want to work the TRX jumps to that frequency and HRDLog follows. I hope HRD is looking into that problem and solves it for you :-)
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Tnx fer the response... I have had many problems with HRD logbook mostly it freezes as soon as the cluster loads...I have found that if I turn off one of the CPU's and run on one it works fins... but the computer runs slow and at max CPU capacity that is why I am trying to use the mini version.

73, bc

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    HRD has a lot of issues with blanking of the cluster spots. This has been going on since they rewrote the code.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I ended up dumping HRD because I couldn't get it to reliably deliver DX spots to alert me of DXCC challenge slots. I switched to Log4OM and couldn't be happier. 

With Log4OM I used OmniRig as the CAT connection. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well I tried this but no luck... when I start Mini I get an OPTIONS screen as per your note, I type in the Com port number I created in CAT and check the box SmartSDR  then save and the screen goes away... I have no Mini icon anywhere so I click on the program file and it brings up the same screen then says that port is in use????  How do I start this??image
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Are you running DDUtil too?  If so, there's no need to run Mini-Deluxe.  Just enable HRD Apps from the Features tab of the DDUtil setup page, selecting 6.2 if you're running the latest version.  I run HRD Rotator & HRD Log all the time, and DM780 if I'm doing digital.  They all work fine.  There is an issue with HRD Log not changing to digital mode when clicking on a cluster spot,, but jumping between CW and SSB is not a problem.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Rick. Read my previous reply. Current version of HRD Logbook has issue in not updating the mode info in the HRD Logbook radio pane or ALE window when clicking on a cluster spot or changing mode on radio. Easy to replicate by placing Radio in USB and then start HRD Logbook with either Mini Deluxe or DDUtil. Make sure Logbook ALE window shows USB. Now click a CW spot in Logbook. Radio QSYs to CW but HRD radio pane and ALE window remain on USB. It is a bug in HRD Logbook. Dave wo2x
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    Dave, mine isn't doing that.  It's switching correctly between SSB & CW on both ALE, and the radio pane (BTW, this was the first time I'd ever brought that up...I keep the Callsign pane active for awards tracking.)  I'm only seeing that if I click on a digital spot.  Then it does remain in the previous mode.

Rick, W0FG
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    What version are you using? 6.3.0 build 604 is what I used Dave wo2x
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    6.3.0 build 604 also.  I try to stay current with each release, but I occasionally miss one.  I installed this one a day after it was released.  You might try a support call to HRD.  If you're lucky enough to get their CS rep from England, she might be able to help.  She's much more helpful than most of the rest.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My log crashes.. the only way I can run it is to limit spots to zero so only new spots are seen and then it will run for an hour or so then crash..... but back to today's issue, how do I start MIniDelux.. see my screen shots above.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    Sorry for going off topic.  I'm afraid I can't help with Mini-Deluxe.  I tried it once, a couple of years ago, and then ditched it for DDUtil, and it's been long enough I don't remember if I got it working or not.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

I've found the cause of the HRD Logbook Radio Pane and ALE window not updating the mode info. In radio pane if you add any of the toggle buttons (TX, SPLIT, NR, etc.) then the radio pane dropdowns do not update and ALE window mode will not track.

Removing any of the toggle buttons from the radio pane window restores proper updating on radio pane dropdowns and ALE mode tracking.

See pictures below

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited December 2016
    Try selecting COM 6 then make sure you click Save.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    edited January 2018
    Good catch.  I'd never have found that because I never use the radio pane.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Does anyone know how to get MiniDelux started???? see my screen shots above

tmx, AH0U

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Did you click Save after selecting the com port? Try changing to COM11 then click Save and see if that works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.