microsoft surface no sound with 6300

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
Everything works fine except there is no sound. It shows that the Dax is streaming. Control panel shows activity. Sound control on Surface is set to the correct Dax channel. Still no sound. Would love a little help here. I am using Wi-Fi from router. Video is fine and I can control the radio.
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Greg - N8GD

Greg - N8GD

• 155 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
If you are trying to hear voice or CW on the Surface, you don't use DAX.  Click on "PC Audio" at the upper right next to the master volume controls and make sure your Speakers are enabled as the default audio output on the Surface.  If you are using SSDR earlier than 2.1.30, the area to click will be labeled "REMOTE" instead of "PC Audio."  Either way, the label turns blue when the audio is being sent to the PC/Surface.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 971 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
Exactly right.  But I can't emphasize enough that you need to make sure your default sound output device is valid and is working as SmartSDR outputs the PC audio data to that device.

I have at times, in Windows, seen my default output device change when USB devices are plugged in and out.  It can be really confusing.
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still not working. Surface audio default is the Surface speakers and headphones. All other things have sound but Smartsdr.
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Guys, I got sound!  Dumb move on my part.  Has to do with the Remote button, I didn't do it on both the PC and the Surface.  Do I have to do much more to remote it from another location?
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I should have known that. Thanks. I finally got my Surface so screwed up, it wouldn't play a video or have sound to anything. I'll comment on this when the reset is completed.