Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone used with SmartSDR

Options
KD2OM
KD2OM Member
What microphone are people using with a Flex 6600M when in remotely using SmartSDR? I assume some sort of USB mic, but would like to use one that has decent audio specs

KD2OM

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have tried MANY microphones running remote and the best by far is the SURE X2u USB to XLR adapter going to a good quality 3-pin XLR MIC. 
    I have tried the HIEL USB to XLR adapter and it is **** compared to the SURE X2u.
    I use the HIEL PR40 MIC here and it really works great with always good Audio reports when I haven's been messing around with my audio settings and didn't put the back.

JUST REMEMBER: When DAX is on running REMOTE operation it blocks the Remote MIC from working which has happened to me maybe 100 times and wish they would fix it. 

Good luck and have fun 

73's
    Bret

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have used several, a gigawave 33-119 lapel mic, a $5 headset mic from BrandSmart, a InterAct headset mic ($2 new/surplus price) and a Heil Pro-Micro (ic). All are condenser mics and get good audio reports. Listen to a recording of yourself (Red Dot in Slice Flag) and make adjustments.
  • Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I like the USB connected Plantronics C725 - I wear it for hours at work on concalls and during lunch on the radio ;)   

Very comfortable, decent music fidelity, noise cancelling, has some nonconfigurable onboard voice comm processing that works well (for my voice).  No batteries to run down.  Bought one for home too with my own money.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.