MicroHam and Flex6000

• Praise
  • Updated 5 days ago
MicroHam offer a new software update of his USB device router - includes now Flex6000

Latest news:22-December-2016

Router 8.7.8
   - Support for Flex 6000 Signature Series SDR (MKII, MK2R+, SM, SMD)
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Lee - N2LEE

Lee - N2LEE

• 275 Posts
  • 143 Reply Likes
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 594 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Lee, i have used the internal update function of device router ( -> Help -> Update Router)
[procedure update also then my MK2+R   to  v 7.9]

73 Chris
Photo of Jean-Luc / F5JRC

Jean-Luc / F5JRC

• 50 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand the benefit of connecting a Microham device to a Flex 6000 Signature Series SDR.

73 Jean-Luc
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 849 Posts
  • 166 Reply Likes
Hi Jean-Luc,

I was wondering the same thing. Found this page and it helped, somewhat...

http://microham.com/contents/en-us/d159.html

Best Regards,

Tim / k3Tim
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 597 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
... or this page http://microham.com/contents/en-us/d56.html (in my case)
Photo of Jean-Luc / F5JRC

Jean-Luc / F5JRC

• 50 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks guys, I will go to bed less idiot tonight! Whatever! :-)

And I wish you a very Happy New Year!
Photo of DH1RK

DH1RK

• 23 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,
thanks for the information!
Updated sucessfully and streight forward the setup for my StationMaster controller, too.

Happy New Year and good DX for 2017.

Best regards,
Ruediger, DH1RK
Photo of Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have selected Flex 6000 Series as the radio model in USB Router but it is not seeing the radio information. What more do I have to do to get USB Router to see the Flex frequency and mode information?
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Photo of Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well the only thing I had different was the baud rate. I matched yours and it still does not detect the radio.
Photo of Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well the only thing I had different was the baud rate. I matched yours and it still does not detect the radio.
Photo of Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have discovered the "secret" to connect the microKEYER 2R+ for those interested. You need to add a FTDI based USB-Serial cable with a null modem and gender changer. A search on Amazon turned up the Sabrent which claimed to have the FTDI chipset. I plugged it into the back of the 6400 and it was detected under SmartSDR Settings/USB Cables. I set the USB to 57600, 8n1, CAT and low and behold the USB Router detected the Flex with the settings shown above. USB Router does not connect natively - you need to connect the RS-232 cable to the Flex.

For those wondering why I need to do this, I also have an Elecraft K3 that I share the headphones and mic. The microKEYER 2R+ switches mic and headphone audio between the two radios. The 2R+ also has a built in Winkeyer that allows me to have consistent CW speed between N1MM+ and my paddles - a problem noted elsewhere on this board when using the Flex built-in keyer. The 2R+ needs to know the mode the radio is in to determine when to send CW and when to route mic audio. Before I got this connection working I had to manually switch the 2R+ from Voice to CW and back as I changed modes. Now it is automatic.