Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic PTT no longer works, among other strange things

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The Flex supplied FHM-1 mic push to talk no longer works, it stopped working today. I tried different mic's and get the same result; no switch to TX when I press the mic PTT button.. Here is the strange thing, if I reboot the radio by removing and reconnecting power, and turn it on, and then restart SmartSDR, the radio comes up in xmit mode with the front panel led showing red. I see signals on the panadapter, and can talk into the mic and see that I am transmitting audio (without pressing the PTT button on the mic). MOX shows to be off. I can correct this by killing SmartSDR and powering down the radio using the front panel switch. Then restarting the radio using the panel PB and starting PowerSDR, all seems normal again, EXCEPT the mic PTT still doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck with VOX (which I don't like) and/or CW mode until this gets fixed. What is going on here? any ideas?

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Dave, PTT jack on rear panel of the radio is not working too ?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I checked the back panel PTT, and it is working correctly, but not the mic PTT. I checked the mic PTT connection with my ohm meter to be certain it is making closure, and it is! This was working correctly until today. Now it is NOT.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    In this case only one thing i hope - unsoldered or mechanical defect in the front mic connector of the radio. I have no schematic diagram, but on logic base both circuits - on front and on rear in parrellel
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Dave, Submit a Help Desk Support Ticket, and will get a replacement for you .. Have you another mic to try ? Just to make sure..
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Verify its the mic first. If you disconnect the mic from the front panel does the problem still persist? Greg
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Dudley, I have tried different mics, still no PTT. How do I submit a Help Desk Support Ticket? email me at w5un@wt.net
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Greg, Click on "Community" in the upper left hand corner. Then click on "Zendesk" on the right hand column about half way down. That takes you to the HelpDesk. Then click on the "Submit a Request" That will lead you on your way.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well, today the mic PTT started working again. This worries me. I have not yet submitted a "Request". Should I? I think I'll wait until something else breaks!
This discussion has been closed.