Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic Profile Queston for 6400M

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭

Referencing Page 55 of the 6400M User Guide 2.1.30 regarding Mic Profile Fields.

Question: What is the "Monitor Pan(L/R)" referencing.

Observation: I have only found 3 instances of L/R controls on the 6400M Screen

1st is on the Transmit Menu accessed by pressing the Power # on the touch screen. There is an L/R slicer to the right of the AGC setting box.

2nd is on page 59 of the manual under CW Transmitting on the Phone/CW Menu below Sidetone there is a line which is labeled Pan: and has a L/R Slider.

3rd is on page 118 of the manual under the Audio Menu under the Slice A there is a slider under Volume which is labled Pan: and has an L/R slider.

If I had to guess I would say it is the slider on the slice on page 118 under audio but would like someone to confirm it.

I will investigate more when I get home just thought someone may know from experience which L/R slider it is which is related to the Mic Profiles.

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Good question :)

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Oh by the way the mic profile I have created was created in the SSB mode.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Let me try to answer your question.  Normally the L/R slider denotes which speaker (assuming your using 2 external ones) the audio is sent to.  All left or right or in the middle - sent equally to both speakers(PAN).  If your using SPLIT, you can send say audio from Receiver A to left or right or to both, Receiver B same thing, left or right or both.  I usually leave the at 50 each speaker all the time unless using split operation, the A (DX station transmit frequency) I leave at 50, B (DX station listening frequency) at Pan R which is all the audio going to the right speaker.  Same principal used for earphones.  Give you some separation between the two receivers.  Can also be applied when using two slices with their receivers. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    But why is it listed under Mic settings?

I am wondering if its side tone pan?

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Rich, I went back to the SmartSDR manual.  Under the CW Transmit Control Panel there is the ability to Pan the CW Sidetone from left to right.  I dont find this option available under the M model software.  If its there, I havent found it yet.  
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Ok I know the function of what you are explaining so what you are saying is it is the L/R slider located on the transmit menu opened when pressing on the power setting numbers on the screen when you are in SSB mode for the slice.

The menu changes according to what mode you have selected for example FM or CW show different options.

Thanks!

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Correction on the M models the sidetone pan is there on the CW menu.  Overlooked it as have never used that slider..  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.