Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic gain issues

Joe Sartori
Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I do allot of FT8.  And sometimes switching back to SSB  even if i put the mic gain to 100 i get no or very little drive.  sometimes a reboot will fix it but my 781 has been working but now I'm sure its a setting i am over looking...

Answers

• N5BE
    N5BE Member
    edited December 2018
    Joe, do you have Mic +20dB engaged?

Lee
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Make seperate profiles, one for SSB and one for FT8. then when you switch just chose the profile and go
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Also make sure you have the CORRECT Mic selected, If your running the PC MIC you have to turn off DAX in the P/CW window for the PC Mic to work and back on for your digital program to work.
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    yep sure do  something changes in ft8 and audio path not good afterwards..  BTW Im just loaded the new 2.0 wsjt software
  • Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    we need to do a document on this..!!!!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, profiles makes things easy , once you have everything set up as you like it for each and all is working fine, just save the profile, that way whaen you change back and forth everything you set will be recalled and you won't forget something.

What I do is make a mic profile and a TX profile both named the same,  for SSB and  for digital.
  • Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    maybe i need to do a factory reset and then load my standard profile and save it as ssb and then a ft8 one as well.....  Something is very confused besides me!!
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What mic input are you using, "BAL or MIC"?  I have mics on both inputs, if I select RTTY or DIGU and then select SSB,  the radio automatically enables the "MIC" input when going back to SSB.  If I want to use the mic connected to the "BAL" input, I have to manually change it.  I use a profile to do this.  Could this possibly be your problem?

Gayle K0FLY
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Gayle -- this was my problem.  Thanks.
  • Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I will check when I get home....
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have been playing with the radio, the behavior of my unit has changed, it is working like I think it should.  It now returns to the mic input that was enabled prior to selecting RTTY or DIGU.   Maybe persistence is getting into the game.

Gayle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.