Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

memory display badly

Luis del MOlino
Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Using a Flex 6500 with transveters
After installation of 1.4.3, my previous memories are now displayed badly in 3 computers.

One with Windows 7 pro 64 bits, another with windows 8 pro 32 bits and a third with Windows 8.1 64 bits, but the final views are different in the three computers. I am including here the three image views captured from my computers.

First image Windows 7 Pro 32 bitsimage

During half a second, the fist time I open de Memory form, I see the right format with all memory cells but almost inmidately this view disapears and futher to this I can only see only 2 cells on Windows 7 Pro 32 bits, or only  9 Pro 64 bits  or 7 cells on Windows 8.1 64 bits.

Now Windows 7 Pro 64 bits

Now Windows 81 Pro 64 bits

I was using Memory to remember channels and repeaters in 144 with transverters and they were working well from version 1.4.0. Now they have become useless.in 32 bits. 

Luis EA3OG

Comments

• dl9eri/oe9eri
    dl9eri/oe9eri Member
    edited December 2016

Same here after updating to 1.4.3 on my i5-2500K Intel HD3000 Grafics Win7/64 PC.

I tried many changes in my configuration, newest graphics-driver, 100% and 125% Display - which could have impact on the problem - but had no success.

After the first start of 1.4.3 the memory-window was ok, but after the first on-off it looked like my picture. It seems to be a problem with loading of the colums-mask. From time to time in the last
    week after starting my 6500 there where more colums visible but not all as in 1.4.0 which was never
    flawed with this memory-window problem.

First I believed that I am the only one because nobody mentioned about in the forum....

So will see if the cause of the difference in display between 1.4.0 and 1.4.3 will be found ?

73 Helmut

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I cannot replicate the issue on my system, but try this.  Scroll the form using the slider at the bottom until you come to the right hand side of the Owner column.  Grab it with your mouse and drag it to the right to make the cell narrower.  You may find other columns that are too wide also.  Repeat the above procedure to resize the wide cells. 
  • Klaas Eier
    Klaas Eier Member
    edited April 2015
    All the same here since 1.4.3 on W7, but no trouble on W10 on a different HDD. So I switch over to W10. But I am anxious how to solve the trouble in W7. Klaas, pa0rtu
  • Klaas Eier
    Klaas Eier Member
    edited April 2015

this does not work here.I wonder why its OK in W10 and in W7/1..4.0.. This puzzles me, Klaas, pa0rtu

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I need a file from your computer that is having the issue displaying the memory form correctly.

Can you copy and send me via e-mail (my_first_name@flexradio.com) this file?

%APPDATA%FlexRadio SystemsSSDR.settings
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    We found the issue.  It is a localization problem where some versions of Windows use commas where in the US we use a period (and vise versa).  This will be fixed in the next release of SmartDR.  In the mean time you can try deleting the %APPDATA%FlexRadio SystemsSSDR.settings file which will be recreated when SmartSDR starts up again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Klaas Eier
    Klaas Eier Member
    edited April 2015

Thanks Tim, it works fine now!!

Klaas, pa0rtu

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for that feedback, Klaas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.