Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memory channel access and Global profiles

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in New Ideas
I have always used Global profiles for changing bands as I like the fact it sets up the panafalls the way I like and the transmit and microphone profile as well. I do not like having to go to the menus to select the profiles but have got used it it.  Now I am working some FT8 and jumping bands so I started using the memory function which I find even more cumbersome.

I have two 24" monitors and running two instances of WSJT-x along with two JTalerts, logging software, SmartSDR and usually a QRZ.com page so I am out of real estate on the monitors.

The Memory function in my application does not work well as it does not retain sorting and it gets lost under the other windows. To use it I also have to select the slice I want and then the memory.

It would be nice to have a small memory button on each slice that would fly-out a flag with the top 10 or 12 memories.

The flex is really showing its stuff on digital but struggling with my OCD jumping around bands as the grey line moves :)

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Good idea for V2
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Maybe I missed the question but I work FT8 this way:  I set up a profile for all necessary transmit settings for say, 20 meters.   I have WSJT-X connected to the Flex via a Com port as well as the amplifier via the USB port.  Then when I jump bands, I click on the WSJT-X band selection and everything jumps to the new frequency.  It happens quickly...you might be able to work several bands at once with just one WSJT-X running.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Nope, you did not miss the question and your response made me realize my WSJT was broke.

Until now the WSJT-X software has followed the radio (including the band selection drop down). But the band selection drop down has not changed bands on the radio.  I have a second instance of WSJT-X and realized it worked fine.

Apparently when messing with the Working frequencies under settings (story in itself) I jacked things up.

I copied the .ini file over from the second instance and adjust the port settings and it functions as it probably did from the start.

That will make things MUCH easier.

However, my wish list for better memory selection from the slice sill stands :)

Thanks for setting me straight Brian.

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.