Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memorize TX bandwidth?

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
Is it possible to have the memory locations memorize the TX bandwidth with upper and lower limits for each memorized frequency?   This would be useful when operating on 60m channels where the transmitted SSB bandwidth must be reduced to less than 2.8kHz.
Flex 6600M running ver. 2.3.9 software

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That sounds like something that can be done, for now if you create profiles for each channel then call them up as you need to?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That sounds like something that can be done, for now if you create profiles for each channel then call them up as you need to?
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It would be a lot more convenient to have both the TX and RX bandwidths stored with each memory location without having to reload profiles for each memory location.  The memory locations already store the RX bandwidth settings.  Hopefully it would be easy to add the TX upper and lower BW limits to each memory location.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    A possibly simpler software change would be to simply push the RX bandwidth settings in each memory location into the TX bandwidth settings for each memory channel.  This would be an acceptable solution since the RX and TX bandwidth requirements are usually the same.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you want to automate the process, you can use DDUtil macros to set your TX frequency and to select which Mic Profile you want to use. Program an appropriate mic profile with the bandwidth you want. But, I simply use the standard memories, and then select the mic profile that keeps my signal in the required bandwidth. I only have a few that are too wide for 60 Meters anyway, but most of mine work fine with 60 Meters.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Rather than store tx bandwidth, I would prefer that it store my preferred Mic Profile, which includes bandwidth and many other settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.