Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

memories in SmartSDR

memories in SmartSDR?  I just got my 6500 today and I have looked over the manual and i don't see anything about saving memories (For freq, band, mode and so on) anyplace.  Am I missing something or was this basic feature left out along with the FM mode.?

Answers

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Sorry nic no memories yet. You can get the iPad app and it will allow you to create memories.
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Which app is that?
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    I understand this is a coming feature, correct?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The "persistence" feature will remember the last settings on each band you use, so it's kind of like having memories. Pretty convenient. My logger (MacLoggerDX) has full support for creating and using memories - other applications may have similar functions.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if this is what you mean but this is what I use

http://sdr-w9oy.blogspot.com/2014/06/k9dur-sdrmemory6k.html

73  W9OY
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    That looks like it however it does not look like supports the flex 6000 series.  I installed this and could not get it to communicate with the flex 6500 and many buttons were missing like scan for example.  The only menu buttons shown was exit, favorites and add. 
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Nick, in the link Lee posted, it shows photos of K9DUR's "SDRMemory 6K" working directly with a 6000 series radio (which is why it's name includes the 6K moniker...hi hi). I hope you get it working!
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    That's true, my bad.  Strange, this should be straight forward but, I'm doing something wrong.  Oh, I should mention I'm running on Parellels on a IMAC27.
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Just reviewed his link and his install looks like mine, he does not have the buttons as well.  So, mine seems to be setup like his but when I select a favorite nothing happens.  I have a feeling I have the CAT setup wrong or something along those lines. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You may need to set up another dedicated virtual serial port using sdrCAT. And link it to that port.
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks to all!  I got it working... ;-)
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
    I have the FLEX-6500 too. Has anybody heard WHEN memory channels will be added to SmartSDR as well as HOW MANY channels will be supported? As a disabled ham (semi-quadriplegia) due to a terminal illness called MELAS (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/946864-overview) would make this feature a BIG help to my operations. Like this morning, due to the "E" in MELAS, I could not remember the frequency of a net that I am on every day. A memory recall feature with net names would have eliminated that issue. As for the number of memories, 250 would be "nice" but variable arrays from 10 to 1,000 would be even better. Tnx es 73, Dave K4EET

P.S. Will I automatically receive updates to this post or do I need to check back in periodically? (Newbie user to the community...)

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I think updates come to you if you are part of a thread, but checking back is what makes us a community.  Welcome to Flexland

What you want is practically available using K9DUR's free memory program

I describe how to get it and the way I use it in my blog 

http://sdr-w9oy.blogspot.com/2014/06/k9dur-sdrmemory6k.html

it can be expanded to as many memories as you are likely to need and each memory has its own label and can be grouped however you like.  I run my SDRmemory6k through DDUtil to the radio 

73  W9OY

• Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Lee! I'll check it out... 73, Dave K4EET
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
    Lee, that link takes me to:

K9DUR Voice Keyer
    (Version 5.2.1)

I don't think that is the correct program...

73, Dave K4EET

Scratch that. I clicked it a second time and got the correct page. Not sure what happened. 73, Dave K4EET
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
    Lee, it's your BLOG that has the WRONG link. Needs to be fixed... 73, Dave K4EET
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Thanks David I updated
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, this program works well I the interim, but you must program the frequencies manually. It is nice to have about 40 memory buttons for my 6500!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.