Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memories do not store screen Span persistence between cw and phone

Options
Tom K3TF
Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
I operate CW and SSB. I have memories for each band for SSB and memories for CW. The memory stores filters, step size, VFO frequency fine.

But, on CW I like to set the spectrum display span to cover the bottom 60 khz of each band. Example 3.500 to 3.560 and on phone 3.600 to 4.000 

When I change from one memory to another the spectrum display changes to the target frequency in memory but the span or range of spectrum display stays where it was before.

Example: I am on CW with a span of 60 khz. I select a phone memory and the Display jumps to the frequency in the phone band stored in the memory BUT the span is still 60khz on the phone band not a span of 400 khz like the last time I stored the phone memory. 

Am I missing anything? Every time I switch from phone to CW or CW to phone it takes me time re-adjusting the spectrum span to cover the band.

Rig is the Flex 6500 running the newest software. I think it has always operated this way with the older versions of Software. 

Not the end of the world the Flex is a great rig but this would be a nice feature for us CW and SSB operators. 

If I use 2 Flex 6500's one 6500 set for all the phone spans and one 6500 for all the CW spans and just use the Band selection menu it works fine. 

Any thoughts?

Tom
K3TF....

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You can accomplish what you are looking to do by creating two global profiles, one for SSB and one for CW.
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Larry,

My bad, your right. Just tried it and it works fine. That is what I get for not reading the rest of the manual. 

Thanks for the help.

Tom....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.