Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility

13»

Comments

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Only 3 weeks ago I mentioned on this tread that it would be really nice if DDUtil had a frequency scanning feature.  Mark immediately asked for a bit more detail and included me in his group of beta testers.  All I can say is wow and thank you Mark for including me.

Thank you very much for a great tool and the attention to detail you've demonstrated in this latest release of DDUtil.  Its truly a wonderful addition to our already great Flex radios Mark. 

I actually caught a 6 meter opening today by using the scanning feature!

Now all I need is an operational squelch....  Just sayin!
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Mark wrote FRStack and Ed wrote and DDUtil. FRStack does the scanning.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The app is very handy and my sincere thanks for Mark for developing and keeping it updated.  I'm adding a SW listing (with GMT) so one can flip thru the SW bands.

1.4.6.0 is being used but I do not see how to scan.  How is it done?

k3Tim

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I will be releasing the new version of FRStack later today.
    The notice has been posted
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frstack-1-4-7-adds-scanning-band-edge-beep-band-use...
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I love the new squelch feature in FRStack.  I often have multiple slices open and have all or most of them squelched.  When a station comes on and brakes the squelch, it is often difficult to determine which slice it occurred on.  Would it be possible to something on the slice bar on the right side of the screen change to a different color (say green or red) when the squelch is passed on that slice?   This is not an absolute necessity, but it would really be nice to have.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Norm - W7CK
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    The next version 1.6.x will change the squelch slice letter light blue when the slice is muted, it will also have the ability to exclude a slice from the squelch action. 73, Mark
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Great work Mark!
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks.  Works fine with my 6300.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Mark - I have FRStack working well with the memories and such, but when I activate the  SSB/AM Meter Level Mute the vertical audio slider is grayed out.  The slider can be slid up and down, but makes no difference with the audio.  Using Win7 Home.  Any suggestions? 
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Please use the FRStack Help Menu, Contact Support menu item. This should bring up your email client. Let me know the radio model, firmware version and version of FRStack you are using.
    73, Mark
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Mark,

From where can one download the latest version, viz 1.5.1.0? All I can seem to find is v 1.4.8.7 and I like to have installer files available locally.

Mni tnx es 73.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, great job on V1.5.1. I especially like the option where you can switch the active slice and the transmitter flag follows it and all other slices are muted. Very handy for multiple band operation. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next iteration. I think FRS should take a serious look at this app. Thank You
  • Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    It works very well, thank you a lot.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mark:
    Thank you for conceiving, making and sharing this utility that fills many gaps in SmartSDR! Much appreciated.
    73 de Arnie W8DU

p.s. Do you know of any way to invoke TUNE using CAT commands? I am using CommCat for remote control and the remote TUN feature works via CAT commands but I can't figure out how to do it for SmartSDR.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I am glad you like using FRStack. I am not aware of a CAT based command to invoke the TUNE function. I am not aware of your exact use case but If you are VPN'ed into the network with the Radio you could run FRStack remotely and use the HotKey feature of FRStack. Hopefully another Community member will have additional information for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.