Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility

Comments

• Alan Nusso, N4BV
    edited February 2018
    I am finding that when I make a memory when noise reduction is on and return to it later reduction noise  is off.  Any thoughts on this. Alan
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I will investigate this week. All FRStack support is handled through the support email link in the FRStack application. Please email me at MKCMSoftware AT gmail.com so I can contact you if necessary.

Mark

PS. I have updated FRStack to address this issue. Version 0.5.4.0 public Beta release of utility is available. If your PC is connected to the internet FRStack will prompt you to install the new version. If not you can use the original link above to get the latest installer.

• James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited October 2014
    I believe they have, memories will be in release 1.4 which will be out in about one month.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Version 0.5.5.0 public Beta release of utility is available. If your PC is connected to the internet FRStack will prompt you to install the new version. If not you can use the original link above to get the latest installer.

This version adds:
     Favorites Tab and ability to mark Memory as a Favorite
     TX Profile Tab and ability to link Memory to a TX Profile
     Option to change button Font Size and Color
     Import File now merges with existing memories
     Replace horizontal button scrolling with wrapping

73, Mark AA3RK

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    NICE update . . . Thanks
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I like the new 0.5.5.0 release.  Adding TX profile buttons is slick, and I like being able to adjust color and font of the buttons.  Thanks!
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Good just keeps getting better. Ok wish list. I can now size it down to two Collins. You can go to one but the buttons stay at two wide but the tabs stack on each other. Can we get it to size to the tool bar like the woodbox meter. People think it is part of smart sdr until I shut smart sdr down. Love being able to set colors starting to feel like powersdr! Great job thank you for your work.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am unashamedly repeating the above comments - it's a great utility and if only it could be incorporated into SSDR life would be so much easier.  It is gratifying to find others (infinitely wiser than me!) taking the time to write such a useful utility and having the generosity to share it with the rest of us.  

The only problem I have now is that of screen real estate - even with 2 x 24" monitors I have so much information to display.  All the more reason to incorporate these features into the next release of SSDR?

Jeff - G4IUA
  • The Count
    The Count Member
    edited March 2015
    YOU ARE THE MAN!
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Mark, GREAT PROGRAM!  THANK YOU!
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, fantastic job on this software. Works great.
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Maybe Flix should have a central repository, for user uploaded programs, instead of haveing each user hosting at a different site.  Tim - any issue with that??

Nice job Mark.

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Mark and Group,

For some reason my "Avast" security determined there was a threat with FRStack and removed the file? I disabled the file portion of the security and downloaded again fine but when I enabled my security complete it moved the application out again, any help would be much appreciated as this one has me scratching my head. Evidently my security had an update and decided FRStack had an issue.

Thanks and 73's

Joe - WD5Y

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mark, many thanks for a most useful utility.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
      You will most likely have to add an exclusion for the FRStack.exe file. I am not an Avast user so I can not publish the exact steps to accomplish this task.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Mark, I tried that but could not get to work. Believe it or not I did an avast update and it solved the problem; an update to solve an update issue. Thanks for help, 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Memories and Most Recently Used Frequency Utility supports SmartSDR 1.4

Version 1.4.2.0 Adds

Radio Memory List - Create, Apply and Delete Radio Memories

Memory Mini Window - reduced screen footprint

V 0.5.5.0 release of utility

Favorites Tab and ability to mark Memory as a Favorite

TX Profile Tab and ability to link Memory to a TX Profile

Option to change button Font Size and Color

Remember window position and state

Support for frequency outside US Bands

Swap Slice settings with another slice.

Tracks most recently used (MRU) Slice settings for easy recall and storage to memory.

Save Slice settings to a Band Memory.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mark, thank you for your program. It reads all memories I have
    stored in my 6500.
    What puzzles me, though, is that although the memories are
    read by FRStack and populate it's memory window, if I click
    "Apply" only mode change is applied, no frequency change.
    Otherwise FRStack is great and I would like to use it for
    memory management.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    We are considering doing something like this in the future.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I can not duplicate this issue, please note:

The link up top works with the latest version of the program works with SmartSDR / FlexAPI 1.4.
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=D6EA27C831DD8A7A!914&authkey=!AOBrxzxCvgXMTYw&ithint=file%2cexe

If you are running version 1.3.8 use this version
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=D6EA27C831DD8A7A!1187&authkey=!ADsEnroCrCQ2IyE&ithi...

If this is not your issue, please contact me via the support link in FRStack Help menu.

73, Mark AA3RK
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ok, Mark, I just sent you a support mail.
    Thanks for answering and 73, Alex DH2ID
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

FRStack 1.4.3 has been released. If you already have FRStack installed you will be prompted to download the new version. If not the link at the top will download the latest version.

This version add new features:

Create global hotkeys to invoke MOX, TUNE, ATU, MUTE, Volume, NB, NR, ANF.

Radio menu has new features

• Enable Hotkeys
    • Hotkey Editor

• Enable TX on slice set

• Slice set always enables TX

• Follow radio active slice

• Slice set mutes other slice

• Radio slice active mutes inactive slices

New Slice panel background context menu

• Lineout Mute

• Headphone Mute

• Binaural RX

• Monitor TX

New Memory button context menu items

• TX Enabled

• Mute Enabled

• NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is my goto program for scanning the bands..Cant live without it
    -jim NM1W
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for FR Stack - as someone else commented, it would be a very nice addition to Smart SDR.

Tim
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited June 2015
    Bruce - N5FD
    great response from the community!
    I did not post the comment about Flex Radio not acknowledging the contribution, w
    Wires crossed I Suppose. I think i'M the only N5FD; I'm pretty sure, my ticket confirmes it!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I love this program and use it all the time.  Not to sound unappreciative but I'd really like to see a scan function.  In other words, have frequencies stored in a couple banks and have the ability to scan through the frequencies in each bank and stop when squelch is broken.   I have several VHF frequencies I use and it would be nice not to have to use up a bunch of slices to monitor them.  One slice that scans through a bank of frequencies would be wonderful.

Are there any plans for such an addition?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I will look into adding a Scan Bank(s) feature to FRStack. If you would like to provide additional input on how this feature should work please email me at 
    aa3rk AT arrl DOT net
    73, Mark
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Mark.  I'm trying to put something together right now. 
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I’ve already sung the praises of FRStack, but Mark (AA3RK) has clearly had his ear to the ground and the latest beta version offers even more features, including a scanning function as well as addressing other shortcomings in SSDR such as user definable hotkeys.

I hope this additional functionality is eventually incorporated into future releases of SSDR, rather than having to run additional standalone apps. 

Mark offers excellent support, and tonight kindly remotely accessed my computer to remove an obscure gremlin causing FRStack to not load properly.  It is gratifying to receive such help from a fellow amateur, remembering all the time and effort freely given into authoring the program in the first place. 

Jeff - G4IUA 

• NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jeff - I couldnt agree more about the support, attention to detail, and listening to the users that Mark did in the beta. He has set the bar very high.

But I MUST disagree about having this incorporated into smart sdr. 

If its in smart sdr it wont get the level of attention to detail and care that it deserves. I'd much rather have smartsdr be a core enabler, and see things like memory, DAX and CAT all be done outside of Flex such that it could get more attention. Have Flex give us great APIs and let others build the ancillary tools.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.