Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, my apologies, I'm embarrased beyon belief

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited May 2019 in New Ideas

My apologies.
Here is what happened, as I just found out.
I'd been having trouble with my computer, self created problem.
I had to do a number of 'Restore Points' and backup restorations.
Each time I did this, It created an icon on my desktop of my log.
This afternoon when I worked someone I KNOW I'd only worked once before, it showed that I had many dupes. VERY MANY DUPES of the same qso.
This was after I had posted that I'd reached the 999K qso count.
After completing all these copies of my log, I saw the change in the log qso count and never realized I'd created so many duplicates of EVERY qso.

As I'd never really paid attention to how many qsos were in my log, I just assumed it was counting correctly.

After spending almost the entire afternoon, first saving the log and then applying the internal duplicate finder, and removing all the many duplicates, I've returned to my ORIGINAL count of 99K, not 999K.
I'm humiliated and am going to my room without supper but with a bottle of brandy and not coming out till my bottle is empty and my brain cleansed.

To the fellow who did the math, I especially apologize, I ran a company, I should have see the absurdity of the numbers.
Shame on me for digging my heels in and not seeing the forest for the trees.

In my defense, 2 heart attacks, and 2 minor strokes. Nah, that wasn't it. It was blatant stubbornness that I couldn't be wrong. (my employees used to tell me that frequently)

I hope you accept my apology and don't laugh too long at my mistake.

PS: Even my XYL thought the number was high.

Comments

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015

It all was a dream, it never really happened. None of us know anything about what you are talking about.

Well it worked for a couple of TV shows at the end of their runs and otherwise. Just chalk it up to St. Elsewhere or Dallas (when Bobby died). :-)

• Dave Skinner
    Dave Skinner Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    No problem Bill. Sure sounded good! Dave WA5IMF
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Bill,

It's your cussedness that keeps you going, don't change a thing.

You're a true mensch for coming clean so it looks like you have all bases covered for being a well rounded decent chap. You can keep you head held high in the best of company.

Cheers
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don't let pilot error hold you back, soar on to new heights. Remember what goes up must come down, hopefully in a controlled descent. Any landing you can walk away from counts. When flying alone, claim the lack of a copilot was the real cause you can't be responsible for the things he should have done. At least you tried. While others only sat and watched. Your a do-er, Do some more. image  
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Any landing you can walk away from is a good one. Any landing where you can use the aircraft again was an excellent one.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Darned Atlantic!image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.