Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maybe I'm Doing Something Wrong...

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
I have noticed a curious problem with my DAX channel 8. Although the audio feeds thru my PCs, the DAX signal strength meter shows no activity whatsoever. It seems to make no difference what radio slice it is paired with and I can connect a given slice up to another DAX channel, see the signal strength flicker about, but when switched to DAX 8 I get no visual cue from the signal strength display.

This happens with the DAX RX gain to maximum, using the latest generally available software.

And yes, I tried turning it off and on again <grin>.

Any suggestions?

Vy 73,
Roy AC2GS

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Roy I think its a bug, I noticed last week that DAX 8 would not deflect (nor work) on my 6700.
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I asked about this before was told it is a known bug and on the list to be fixed in the next release
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Seems to work as it should here on a 6700 with SSDR Ver. 2.4.9 running Windows 7pro.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks to everyone that replied.

As I mentioned before this is evident on the latest greatest version of SSDR , 3.0.27.

I am glad it isn't a problem at my end.

I hope FRS fixes this soon (it is an annoying bug).
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am pretty sure it is mentioned in the release notes for 3.0.27 if I remember right

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afraid not.

There was some vague mention of DAX corruption, that could be be caused by not removing DAX and then re-installing it, but no mention of the DAX 8 signal strength not working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.