Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maximum Frequency Separation for VFOs A & B Using MultiRX?

Moose
Moose Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
In PowerSDR using a FLEX-1500 what is the maximum frequency separation that can exist between VFOs A & B using MultiRX?

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Moose,
      I believe it is about <48khz if using the 48000bps sample rate, 96Khz is using 96kbps.

Al, K0VM
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks. So if I "see" any two SSB signals I should be able to put receive windows on them both? I was trying that last night. Say I was tuned up on a signal in the middle of the panafall screen. I could tune on another that was all the way to the left or the right of the center. But if I tried to tune two that were all the way to the left and right the software would just re-center on the new one. So I would tune VFO A to a signal on the far left and if I selected a signal on the far right with VFO B it would center the panafall on the newly selected signal. I'm assuming it did this because I was beyond whatever the limit was. I tried repeatedly "walking" the second VFO farther and farther away from the other VFO, eventually it would do as I described. Next time on the radio I'll have to check my sampling rate and try to measure what separation this happens at.
    Chris AK4SK
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    A MultiRX "receiver" (VFO-B) only functions within the sampled bandwidth, which for a FLEX-1500 is approximately 48 kHz and no greater.  Now the primary receiver (VFO-A) is always fixed in the center of the spectrum display, so from a visible standpoint, you can only observe VFO-B being tuned approximately +/- 24 kHz from VFO-A's frequency. If you tune VFO-A, which tunes the spectrum display and the MultiRX VFO-B goes beyond the +/- 24 kHz limit, MultiRX will be turned off.

There is no way on the FLEX-1500 to place VFO-A on one side of the display and the MultiRX VFO-B on the other.  To do that, you need a FLEX-6000.
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Tim, I appreciate the quick reply.
    Chris AK4SK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.