Max Power setting not working after upgrade to 2.3.7.110

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
The max power setting is being ignored after upgrading to 2.3.7.110. It used to work fine.

I set the power limit to 15 watts but then am able to increase power to 100 watts. This is not good as the one amp I'm using has a limit of 15 watts for input and 100 may fry it. Now I have to be extra careful of the power levels. This should be fixed ASAP.

Flex 6700
Windows 8.1
Direct Connect

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 221 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2775 Posts
  • 611 Reply Likes
If you click on and off the ALC button it will set it and keep it there.
You really should make a profile for that amp and save the power setting as you want it.
Transmit profiles...
Photo of W8WD

W8WD

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Pat,

I agree something has changed in the software. I am running a 6600M and Maestro. In the past when I set the Max Power to a specific level, adjusting the PWR on the Maestro would not go beyond the Max Power value. Now it can go all the way to 100%.

Personally, I prefer the Max Power to limit the radio so that it can not be adjusted beyond that value and accidently over drive the amplifier.

When I load a new profile, the power is limited to the Max power, but can be manual adjusted up to 100%. 

Cycling the ALC Enable/disable makes no difference, and as you pointed out it’s a bandage fix even if it worked. 

I hope Flex will re-think reasoning for making this change, it was more useful in the original implementation.  

Brian/W8WD

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 221 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
I think it's a bug rather than a change.
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
I just checked mine. I have Max power set for 60 watts. When I set the RF slider full right all I will get out of the radio is 60 watts.
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 221 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
Yes. Mine does the same thing. The power is not increasing but the slider will go to 100.

Also, if you set max power to 15 and have both RF and tuner set beyond that level both sliders move to 15. You will not be able to move the tuner past 15 but the RF slider will still go to 100

Something in the upgrade caused a problem with the RF control where it no longer indicates the correct power level.
(Edited)
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 132 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
My 6600M if set max 50 will still do 100+ I did get it 50 max once and had to do restart to get to go back to 100.Has to be a bug !