Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mastro cant connect to Cell Phone WiFi

Mike Presnell
Mike Presnell Member
edited December 2018 in Maestro
My Maestro works perfect with my home WiFi.

Trying to connect to my IPhone as a Personal HotSpot:   it sees my Hotspot, and asks for the password, which I correctly type in, but it is never accepted.  I even tried changing the password, and same thing... never accepts the password. 

Any ideas??

Answers

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Mike, check your device's name.  It usually becomes the WIFI network ID.  I had the same problem and there was an apostrophe in my device name which prevented connection.  I believe Apple uses an apostrophe as a default in the device name. 

Chuck, W9WLX

• N5BE
    N5BE Member
    edited October 2018
    Mike

I have the same situation just discovered yesterday. That was my 1st attempt. Maestro is an early A model running 2.1.32. iPhone 7+ running 4G. Maestro sees and captures home WiFi no issue. It sees my iPhone hotspot but will not accept password. It just recycles back to the password enter page. Minutes ago I just took everything outside and rebooted the hotspot to assure it was not connected to home WiFi. Still no joy. I then tried it with an iPad, again outside, and bamo it connects. Hummm.......?
  • Mike Presnell
    Mike Presnell Member
    edited February 2018
    Chuck, thanks for the reply.  Yes,  correct.  Apple is adding  ( 's  ) to my name, to create my network ID.    But the Maestro does find it ok.  I just cant get it to accept my password.  If that ' is somehow a problem for the Maestro, how do you change it?  I dont see anywhere in the iPhone where you can customize your Network ID.  
  • Mike Presnell
    Mike Presnell Member
    edited February 2018
    Mike - thanks.  My problem exactly.  It keeps cycling back to the password enter page.  and eventually (after about the 3 failed attempt) gives an error message that the Maestro encountered a problem and needs to be restarted.    Any idea what you did differently to get it to finally connect ??
  • N5BE
    N5BE Member
    edited February 2018
    Chuck

Worked like a charm; thank you!!!

Lee
  • N5BE
    N5BE Member
    edited October 2018
    Mike

Go into your iPhone and change its name. Settings, About, Name. Worked after that. Thanks to Chuck!! Now I have the dreaded "wxyz...." wheel of death which is another separate issue. 

Lee
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited February 2018
    It is actually Settings, General, About, Name.  At least on my iPhone.

Steve G./N4TTY
  • Mike Presnell
    Mike Presnell Member
    edited February 2018
    Steve,   thanks  - found it.   Unfortunately no joy... still wont connect.  And now I too have the wxyz issue..  Maestro sure hasn't been reliable.
  • jack
    jack Member
    edited March 2018
    Sometimes we see there are so many problems arise regarding the connection with my iPhone as a personal hotspot. For more details visit Asus Router Customer Service
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited March 2018
    It seems it's always something doesn't it! But mine has worked flawlessly, at least connecting anyway, since changing my device name. I still have issues with the amount of 2.4GHz traffic that makes use of that band problematic. I wish my phone offered a 5GHz hotspot. The phone can connect to a 5GHz AP, but seems to only support 2MHz as a hotspot. And when I connect the Maestro to a 5GHz AP it works just about as well as when connected with an Ethernet cable.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.