Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Make the icons for SmartSDR, CAT, and DAX different colors or images.

Drax
Drax Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
They're hard to find at a glance.    And why do CAT and DAX both minimize to the task bar and a tray icon?   They should just be tray icons rather than creating more task bar clutter.

Answers

• Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I like this idea.

Jeff, N3VE

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    This has been proposed several times. I even offered to do the icon art myself.
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the wrong icon. At least there's a 50/50 chance.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Surely you mean a 1 in 3 chance? The SDR, CAT and DAX icons are all 95% identical with very slight differences. A nasty trick from a grown-up software house.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Drax,
    George / KF2T suggested the color idea 2 years ago.  It has 12 votes so far.  Adding more votes may help move it up in the priority.  

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/unique_icons

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Drax
    Drax Member
    edited July 2015
    It's the biggest easy win Flex could do!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    brilliant
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I am somewhat vision impaired, and these are easy to see. 
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited July 2015
    Not sure if they work for the colorblind.   7% of males are colorblind.  They need to be visually different too.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    but I hope we can all read?
  • Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I agree that CAT should be in the system tray only. It's a configuration item, not something you need to access often. It just takes up room on the taskbar.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You obviously do not operetta remotely. The tiny icons in the system tray are almost impossible to access
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Often programs have choices for the VI, and sometimes multiple themes of icons.

I'd add to this good suggestion that the larger desktop icons always include the version number. 

Steve K9ZW

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There should be a link to DAX and CAT from inside SSDR.

Also, there should be DAX and CAT should default to connect to the most recently selected radio selected from SSDDR.

Also, the sky should always be blue and the outside temperature should always stay between 50°F and 90°F.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I agree.

Also, please drop the upper temp limit to 85F with a 50 degree dewpoint. ;-)
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    In Arizona, we water freezes at 85F.  :)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Please raise the lower temperature limit to 68F (DAY and NITE)... too many years of freezing my **** off in Canada to ever want to feel cold (anything below 68F) again...

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Getting old Howard?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Yup... If you ask My grandkids they will tell you i am at least 100

OTOH... just upgraded my Tesla order to the new one with "Ludicrous Mode" 

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/three-dog-day

So I must have confidence that my reflexes are still young enough to control it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.