Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Main VFO Knob A on 6400M

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Nice large knob allows easy tuning ... too easy! Is there a feature like the top 3 hf manufacturers have to increase the rotation resistance on the large VFO Knob.

The only way it is even usable after setting your frequency is to press the LOCK button so you don't bump it and change the frequency.

Love the flex 6400M, All the knob sensitivities ... NOT SO MUCH :-)

Answers

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Place a round felt or cloth washer behind the knob.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I agree. The VFO I could have lived with but the other knobs like mic and filters where too touchy. I thought it was just my radio but seems lots of people are saying the same.

I wonder if felt disc under the knobs would help?

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.