Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro with the Antenna Genius

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Currently I have a 6700 and to get on the air I must turn on the computer, load SDR and the AG software and it works great... When my Maestro arrives I would like to operate via the LAN using the Maestro withe the Antenna Genius....Does the Maestro have the ability to turn on the Antenna Genius and the 6700 remotely or must I turn on the computer and load the software before I can operate??

Tnx es 73
Bruce, AH0U

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Bruce AH0U,

As I understand it - Presently the Antenna Genius APP needs to be running, as it is the part that listens for the band information and interprets the logic table you have created.

I understood this was moving into the Antenna Genius itself.  Not certain if the latest updates to Firmware accomplish this or not.

As one would likely want DDUTIL still running in the background for a lot of reasons, I am planning to use a small form factor PC for these duties at the present.

I may be behind of this as Ranko 4o3a is moving ahead on a lot of projects at once, and I might have blinked.

Steve K9ZW

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

The Antenna Genius operates on 12 VDC. When the power is removed all relays are de-energized so the radio inputs are shorted and there is no connection of any antenna to any of the two radio ports. The Antenna Genius only does LAN remote switching commands between the antennas and the radios with no provision for remotely powering off the unit. However, the market is flooded with I/P AC devices which could be used to remotely turn a 12VDC power supply on and off.

As a side, I think they missed the boat by not providing a grounding lug on the unit as it is an ideal location to attach the system earth ground as it is a common point for all radios (assuming you are using only two) and the antennas.

Jim, K6QE

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    My Expert amp, when not powered on, defaults to ANT1 connected to INP1.
    Not sure why wouldn't they have it that way on the Antenna Genius. 
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Most remote antenna switches- from Acom, Array Solutions, Hamation, and microHam- do ground unused antenna ports and all ports when the power is off. Others, such as DX Engineering, allow you to configure it.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I guess it make sense for protection of unattended stations. I will have to look into it, I might need to add another layer of protection on my setup.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

The Antenna Genius manual indicates that unused ports are grounded.

Have one on the bench and will check the power off condition.  Seems likely it will ba all grounded.

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.