Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro with OM Power 2500A and only TX slice A available - how to exchange VFO A with VFO B and vic

Options
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
As several have pointed out OM 2500A can now be easily connected to Flex 6X00 without DDutiluty using the CAT virtual ports. But only with TX of slice A. Working a contest and listening around your run frequency (VFO A) to find new multipliers and the making a rapid QSY to VFO B by switching contents of VFO A with VFO B to allow TX with OM2500 seem not possible with Maestro as I can see. You can only transfer VFO A to VFO B, A >> B,  or am I missing something?      

Answers

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Strange....  I have the OM-4000A and I just got it.  I too had read the notes on the fact that the Power Output would only follow the "A" Slice.  However I just work S79V on RTTY on 14.083.  RX "A" slice" on 14.083 and the "B" Slice Up 1.  Power on Panadapter indicated output on Slice "B".  They were working split and I have a copied response so I ask.....  Is that really true?  In this case the PO followed the "B" Slice and I must note the "TX" was "Red" on the "B" Slice.  Maybe the note should say the Pout follows whatever slice the "TX" is selected.  Just my observations.

• Chuck Smith
    Chuck Smith Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Up 1 the OM-4K will still be in the same band segment so no problem. But the readout will have said 14.083 NOT 14.084.
  • Chuck Smith
    Chuck Smith Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Try going to slice C and D you will see the issue. We are all waiting for the CAT control that outputs the 'TX slice' on VFO A so the FT poll from the OM4K gets the frequency no mater what slice is set to TX. Tim said it was in the work some time ago so patiently waiting.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Chuck....  Yes let hope that this update occurs fairly quick and better than v1.8.  I can live with the Freq / Offset / Segments as I described.   Typically I work within a band and the most Slices opened are two and typically within the same segment.   If they happen to overlap I obviously "tweak" the tuning to insure the LED's are aligned properly.   I may have upwards of 3 to 4 different bands /slices opened but if I must operate on that band I typically close down the others and work the stations and then utilize Slice A and B on that I am happy right now but yes... anxious to see the upgrade when it comes out.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The functionality to have CAT track the TX slice is in our feature database as issue #2697.  At this time this feature has not been scheduled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.