Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro will not BOOT!!!

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6700 1.7.30.78  I followed the instructions in the quick start guide.  Cat cable from the Maestro to my switch, power cable to the Maestro 6700 powered up software off.  Held Maestro power button down for 5 sec and get what looks like windows circle of dots spinning. Get a quick display of the time and a box that says Maestro, then blank then a grey box "Waiting on Hardware Initialization (Y,K,YTS)  There it stays.  Tried a direct Ethernet connection to the radio and the same.  Also tried no Ethernet connection.  At on point I got an OS screen.  I will post pics.  HELP Jeff N3VE NOT HAPPY!!! Have rebooted the radio many times also.imageimage

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jeff

I'd open a HelpDesk ticket regardless if you can coax it to life.

In the Manual there is a bit about failed boots:
    31.2 RADIO WILL NOT BOOT OR SMARTSDR-WIN WILL NOT COMPLETELY LOAD
    If you get into a situation where the radio or Maestro will not boot or load properly, please open a HelpDesk ticket to resolve this. Alternatively, you can reset the Persistence database by doing a Factory Reset as described in section 29, Restoring to Factory Defaults. Before doing this procedure, it is recommended to export your current settings if possible using the Import/Export menu in the SmartSDR-Win client. 
    I do not think the Section 29 part is something I would do until FRS gets involved, as it seems to be more about different issues with the radio than a Maestro.

GL and 73

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Steve.  I am working on the ticket now.
    Jeff N3VE
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I got the same waiting on "Hardware initialization screen" today also. Rebooted again then all was okay
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have the same problem and I rebooted several times without any success. image
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Can you boot up the Maestro without having a Flex radio around? My maestro has to leave the US before it gets to me, and I would like to check to make sure it's operating ok before it does in case it needs to be shipped back to frs. What is the screen you should see if Maestro boots up ok without a Flex radio in the network? Can someone post a video or a screen shot?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Can you boot up the Maestro without having a Flex radio around? 

No.  You have to connect to a radio just like SmartSDR for Windows.

We test them in the factory before shipping.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Is there anything i can have my buddy check at all Tim? Even if it is a screen that says no Flex radio found?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

We saw this issue a few times during Alpha Testing. It usually turns out to be an issue with the internal battery having been discharged.  - Yes there is an internal battery in addition to the add on battery pack.

Suggest you open a helpdesk ticket so that they can point you in the right direction to getting that internal battery to recharge itself.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I was attempting to use the wifi connection but nothing, I then connected enet cable to a gigi switch that the radio is connected still same message.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I opened a ticket about an hour or so ago.  Will wait to see what Flex suggests.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    yep good call going to support, this is not normal Maestro behavior..
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016
    Still having the same problem here, also my maestro boots without having to push the power button, just plug in the ac adapter and it boots to the Waiting on Hardware Initialization (Y,K,YTS)  Jeff N3VE, waiting for a call this morning from Flex.  Also the network adapter connection lights ( green and amber) flash in unison.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016

Howard, is there a way to charge that battery without opening the case?  I would hate to have to send this back just for a battery.

Jeff N3VE

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, the manual shows you how. Takes about 15 seconds to change a battery.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016
    Gerald, I can't seem to find anything in the manual about the internal battery that Howard mentioned.  I only find references to the add on battery.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Jeff
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Jeffery - we have received your HelpDesk ticket and will be contacting you shortly.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The Maestro has an internal battery that is not user accessible.  It is used to power the display when an external power source is not available.  If running on an external battery source and the battery runs down, the internal battery will take over.  In this state, if an external power source is not applied, the internal battery will run down.  If this happens, you need to connect DC power to the Maestro and let it charge for 15 minutes before powering up the Maestro.
  • Paul  KB3ML
    Paul KB3ML Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My Maestro behaves identical.

I have a ticket open.  I have not heard anything.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016
    I guess this is not the problem then, I have had the unit plugged in so that battery should be charged. thanks Tim.
    Jeff N3VE
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I just replied to your HD ticket, Paul.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This issue has been determined to be a hardware problem.  If anyone else is experiencing "Waiting on Hardware Initialization (Y,K,YTS)" error, please submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) ASAP so we can assign you a case number for issue resolution.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.