Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro VFO's are linked

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Every once in a while I somehow get both of the VFOs linked together.  I have 2 panadapters open with one slice in each.  Lets say A is on 20m and B is on 6m.  Then every once in a while I somehow get the VFOs so that when I turn either VFO dial, both slices will change frequency.  They both go up or down in frequency as I move just one of the dials.

I'm sure this is something I'm somehow selecting but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  I have to turn the Maestro off and then back on in order to clear up the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It is actually a feature, which purpose I don't understand. Between the dials there is a button labeled A>B. if you do a long press on it it locks both VFOs together (A>>B) and another long press will give you back normal use of the VFOs without having to restart the Maestro.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Salvador, maybe for 10m FM Relais?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Fixed linked splits for contesting
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the explanation, I will research those.... I can only see advantage for linked VFOs if you are working sats to compensate for doppler. Do we have this feature in SmartSDR?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.