Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro User Guide

Steve-N5AC
Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
edited December 2019 in Maestro
The Maestro User Guide is now available on the website here: Maestro User Guide

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I am seeing reviewer comments on the document (Steve's link nets a 404 btw)
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited February 2017
    Whoops ... fixed the link and the file.  Try again!
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Awesome job... can't wait to get my hands on one

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Here here!
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thank you - there is am impressive level of functionality available out the gate with version 1.7!!

As a reader I like that there is depth to topics if one wants to dig deeper.  

Especially like the updating scheme.  I didn't spot whether the "version leader" will become the Maestro or the 6000, rather than the PC's SmartSDR GUI as at the moment?

At some point perhaps FRS might tell a bit of the whole development process from brainstorming to product?

I am also impressed how much of the information Tim W4TME was able to pass on in just a ten minute demonstration at Hamcation.  My wife was impressed enough to become interested the Maestro.  I mention this as while of course Tim is an expert communicator with a double serving of patience, but that the "get you up and go" part of the Maestro was both intuitive and  easy to catch on from being shown just once.  

Greatest fear here is if I don't make myself ready the full manual before arrival I'll never take advantages of features from being too busy operating via Maestro.

Coordinating a Maestro/PC team would seem to be my first "if I could please have" wish, having a desire to park the radio server, amp, and all the gear out of sight and operate from a PC and Maestro elsewhere at each QTH.  Hopefully down the road.

Again appreciate the effort by the FRS team to put an advance copy out for all of us to study.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Steve, On page 123 of the manual, titled SLICE RECEIVER BANDWIDTH KNOBS, what is the increment of the width, center freq, high, and low movements?
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You did a titanic job!
    Could someone demonstrate the remote cw operations?
    Really amazing, great!

73'
    Enzo

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Simple question: Will flex offer a "slip on" cover for the Maestro when not in use?
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    After briefly skimming the Maestro manual, all I can say is:

I want to be on the network shown on Page 5!

• Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    This is a likely option.
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2019
    The Maestro User Guide has just been updated to version v1.7.1.  Updates include revised pictures with labels for the front, side and back panels and information on selecting and operating with batteries.
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2019
    Dual GUI ( SSDR & Maestro). :-)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I didnt see any reference to dual GUI's - where did you read that?
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    I didn't. Just a hope that it arrives sooner than later! Sorry for the confusion.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    They have expressed that it is fairly high up in the stream for updates to the software. as is BT.

Anyone a software engineer that would like to volunteer?
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the chance to RTFM before my Maestro arrives :-)

I notice that screen shots on pages 80 and 87 'appear' to be SSDR and not Maestro; is that intentional or should I have gone to Specsavers (UK joke...)?

Regards  Paul M0CVX / AC5NO

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How about macro capability for F1-F6 while your mythical software genius is at it?
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    What kind of macro are you thinking about, Barry?  Simon, dual GUIs (what we call Multi-Client) is a feature we have planned for future development.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Steve, I was thinking in general of allowing customized CAT macro combinations like Elecraft allows in the K3.  But they also provide a software utility to type in and upload the CAT macros after which the user assigns to buttons.
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    This is something we are likely to do in the future, but it's more likely that we would use SmartSDR API commands in the macros rather than CAT commands since there's a lot more you can do with them and the format is significantly more forgiving
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would be fantastic!
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    Steve, hope the multi-client happens sooner than later! James WD5GWY
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Everyone wants multi-client, but while we wait would it be possible to get a remote disconnect for clients?

A button says disconnect. That way if the PC client (or Maestro) is left running, the other client can boot it without physically going to the basement/mountaintop/undisclosed bunker where the abandoned client is located?
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I believe it is mode dependent.  Sideband, AM, FM, DIGx step by 50Hz, CW by 10.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The Maestro User Guide was written by taking a copy of the SmartSDR User Guide, tearing it down and building it back up for Maestro.  We replaced almost all of the images with Maestro related images, but there were a very small number that are still SmartSDR.  We'll get these replaced before long.

In the mean time, I think we can say that the SmartSDR images are helpful, if not quite right.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Dave. Was hoping for 5hz on CW but can live with 10.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is also planned functionality. Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.