Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro UK Delivery

G4NRT
G4NRT Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Maestro
I had confirmation today that one of the two UK dealers (Martin Lynch & Sons) has received their first Maestro delivery of thirty units.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow - and I received my three Mogix batteries from the USA yesterday so I am all set!

Looking forward to being amongst the first on this side of 'the pond' to get his hands on the Maestro!

David G4NRT

Comments

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi David, I'm very pleased for you....rather jealous, but very pleased for you. My deposit is with Waters and Stanton, and after some correspondence today they were still saying they could not give me a delivery estimate. I'm at a loss as to why ML and S have been accurate with their estimating of delivery, and why W and S can't....I guess that ML and S had their order in first. 50 /50 chance, and I blew it! If you're close to Lincoln, can I drive over and drool over your Maestro...still haven't a clue when I'll get mine.. Have fun Paul M0CVX
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Just seen my email notification of delivery tomorrow as well. Won't be able to get hands-on until late evening, so I bet you beat me to it.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm quite a distance from Lincoln but you'd be most welcome in Kent!
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mine is arriving today. It was picked up by the FedEx late on Monday (Tuesday morning our time) and will be delivered before the close of business today (Friday our time). Thank you Flex. Thank you FedEx. The only downer is that I won't get a chance to play with it. My flex is at my remote station, and I leave for overseas tomorrow. Bummer!
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mine was also picked up Monday, but as I am further away from Austin than you it will not be delivered until next Monday. :-) Joking, mine went FedEx Ground likely not an option to VK. I leave on Tuesday so will not get a chance to play with it until after Dayton.

Tim VE6SH
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I also got notification from ML&S that mine is being delivered today, I might have to take the afternoon off and come home and play radio!
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mine arrived 5 hours ago. 4 days door to door. Unbelievable!
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Glad you received yours, Winston.  Mine arrived this morn too and its great. 

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I used to use W S a lot but these days they are useless ...  I am liable to get mine early next week it left Portland today en route to ZL

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Glad to hear. Wayne. We must share experiences when I return in 4 weeks
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Mine is here.  My first impression is that it just oozes quality!  

I have installed the tilt stand and one of my three (count 'em!) Mogix batteries.  

It is connected to my 5GHz Wifi network (via an Apple Airport Extreme which is linked to my Apple Time Capsule).  I have done the update to 1.7.32.15 and connected to my FR 6500.  

All without a hitch!  I am now calling CQ on 20m JT65A.

What an excellent job all at FRS have done and many thanks to ML&S for supplying so promptly!

I am looking forward to a very happy weekend!

David G4NRT
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Excellent David! Well, I've called ML &S to enquire about stock....they have unallocated stock but for some reason they are not releasing them for sale. Couple this with the non-arrival of stock at W &S....what on earth is going on with the supply of Maestros in the UK? (care to comment, FRS?) Enjoy yours David, you seem to be one of the lucky few in UK! Paul
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Paul!  

I have to say that I used to deal only with W&S and even lived nearby at one time but they messed up so many orders that I switched back to ML&S and I have been their customer ever since!  Looks like I backed the right horse! Let's just call it Senior Service - One / Brylcreem Boys - Nil!

It may be worth a chat with Richard Radford (Sales Manager at ML&S) - tell him I advised you to call!

By the way, the travel case is also excellent and again seems to be a real quality product!

David
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I can only assume that ML&S are holding some stock back for DoA replacement? Mine arrived this morning but I'm stuck at work!
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's really tough Phil .. I work from home but am off this week in any case!

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Wow. FedEx says mine is in MB and still a Monday delivery. 4 days TX to VK is really good!

Tim VE6SH

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    @ David. Who said that the RN 'weren't true gentlemen' ? (and as such had to carry their swords as opposed to sling them from their belts...). Thanks for the info; we'll see what happens.. BTW, went to RNEC Manadon on their SD Engineers course, and have been commanded by, and have commanded a number of RN staff. Even now, where I work (which has a strong ex-military contingent) there are a number of ex-RN staff that I share an office with.....they lower the tone, naturally, but then of course, not everyone could join the RAF.... ;-)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Glad to hear my ex-RN colleagues  keeping the crabfats in their place :). Not enough  ex mil at my place lol I'm an ex submariner they never  get my humour lol cheers Simon ZL4PLM ex RS(SM) 1984-99

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I always thought that you chaps in boats were a rather funny lot actually Simon but I'm pleased to meet you here! I was a PWO on MCMVs for a lot of my service but was RNR (Lt Cdr) rather than a regular from 1974-1997!
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The Maestros are being delivered in the order of which the preorders were placed. This includes all customers including distributors. 
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It's in the jurisdiction!image
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It'll be worth the wait Tim. Trust me! David G4NRT
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ahhh tupperware navy :) good to meet you too David I'm sure a few others lurking :)

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    At least you didn't refer to us as 'targets' as most of my other submariner shipmates do!!
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    We are terrible aren't we lol :)

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    I always thought the phrase was 'Skimmer' ..... ;-)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.