Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro "top of display" panadapter info panel

ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in New Ideas
Could the top of display pan adapter info be an optional alternate display for SSDR?  Just thinking I am liking the way the Maestro display layout is setup.  Less display clutter..  would be nice to have that as an option in SSDR.  (kind of like PSDR).

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    perhaps a collapse option that would revert to that display....  just thinking while typing...
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited April 2017
    If I understand you correctly, we expect to do this at some point (not scheduled for first release).  We would allow use of Maestro as a control surface for SmartSDR and the display on Maestro would have details about SmartSDR/radio and not be full of panadapters/waterfalls.
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve,
      Having a FlexRadio control surface using the Maestro would be an incredible addition to the SmartSDR 6000 series.  With the Maestro's LAN connectivity as an added plus would make this system reach a new level of operational utility.  (I love this kind of 'blue-sky' thinking!).
    Ted
    NX6C
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Hi Steve..  That's awesome but also I just like the layout of the band/slice information on the top rather than following a slice across the screen taking up pan real estate.  Seems that was solved for real estate reasons by putting the info on top of the Maestro display.. would be cool if that could be selected as a display option on Smart SDR windows.  (Oh FWIW not sure if you got my E-mails but tried to reach out to you a couple times regarding our chat in Visalia..  I am sure you are swamped but if you have a sec would like to move forward on that when possible.. drop me a line :-) )
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016

Keeping these displays lean and simple with options to show only what is needed is key as we start putting these into contesting environments.  Anything you would do to make a smaller display show what was needed will likely also be well received on the computer as well as the Maestro appliance.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    From Steve's reply above....We would allow use of Maestro as a control surface for SmartSDR and the display on Maestro would have details about SmartSDR/radio and not be full of panadapters/waterfalls.

This capability is also what I'm looking for.   It would be great if Maestro has 2 modes:
    - full remote
    - control surface only to interact with SSDR

I'd probably use the "control surface" mode a lot than the "full remote" mode.    There was also some discussion about a "control surface only" device at the dinner.  

I haven't ordered yet and figured I'd wait for more information about the direction and timing before I place an order.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.