Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Tilt Hing Feet Accessory

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Below are some pictures of the variable tilt feet with constant torque accessory for the Maestro. One advantage is the feet fold flat against the back of the Maestro for easier transport.

Comments

• Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hey thanks for the pics Tim but could you show us some comparison shots with the feet that come with the Maestro standard? I would love to compare them before I spend the extra $90.. Thanks Tim 73-Gary
  • Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Or just post a link where we could go check them out
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Can any position locked? If operate (like a contest) and i touch display or turn a upper button tilt angel will hold ? And is it plastic or metal? 
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No lock but you don't need one.  It has very high quality constant torque hinges that stay put.  You won't have any trouble in a contest.  

The feet are black anodized NC machined aluminum.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Will it automatically raise and lower itself like shown in the video?  Or is it just that particular sample that's haunted? 

:-)

Peter
    K1PGV

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Peter, automatically raise and lower feature lets one know if band is open. :)

Lew
    N4CO
  • Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Seriously,  can we get a link to what the feet look like that are going to ship standard with the Maestro?  I been poking around on the net and I don't think I have seen anything but these optional feet?  Are there any pics anywhere that anyone knows of?
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    With constant torque, may one adjust tension? I have found with use this approach sometimes needs adjustment over time due to wear..
    Lew
    N4CO
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    These are very high end hinges rated at a constant torque of 14 in-lb.  There is no tension adjustment.  They are rated at a cycle life of 20,000.

http://www.southco.com/en-us/e6-ct/st-11a-140sa-50

You need both a right hand and left hand hinge.

Here is an example on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ST-11A-140SA-50-Southco-Constant-Position-Control/dp/B01A97YXME

• Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    That will be an added cost option.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    These are on the Maestro page of our website as well.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    What ships standard with the Maestro is a fixed tilt stand as shown on the Maestro product web page http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Lewis, so at 20,001 tilts your over doing it a bit... hahahahaha
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I think, with my age, it will work out for me. :)

lew
    n4co
  • Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thanks Gerald and Tim for the pics and link.  Looks like the optional feet are the way to go.  I love the fact that they fold down flat and they look much beefier.. can't wait!! very cool! 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    What ships standard with the Maestro is a fixed tilt stand as shown on the Maestro product web page http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, that was the details i want know. Now i will have it :-)
  • Lou
    Lou Member
    edited November 2016
    How cool it that!....nice accessory!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    For such an expensive bit of kit, I am surprised that these tilting feet are not shipped as standard.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Guy, I imagine we'll be charged about 90 quid for the privilege... :-(
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Now so much effort has been put into Maestro to apply knobs to the control system of SSDR, I hope to see a similar effort to improve the GUI of SSDR itself. Yes, I know the software developers amongst you will say that changing a colour will break something and I believe you, but if Flex has shown me one thing, it is that when they apply themselves to something, something BRILLIANT comes out the other end. I have full confidence that if a proportion of the effort that went into Maestro went into the GUI, most people would be happy as they could customise the features that they like.

I have been fighting those unnecessarily difficult-to-control sliders for long enough now. I am amazed that so much non-standard behaviour they have, viz scroll wheel does not move them (the windows standard behaviour is that when a pointer hovers over a slider, the wheel controls it) and PgUp and PgDn move the sliders left and right instead of the arrow keys. Also, the area of activation is very small and seems to have got smaller over the last year.

Sorry for the rant people.I really would LOVE to know the number/percentage of Flex owners who buy a Maestro.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Paul, that will be the offer price, hi hi.
  • Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Tim.................,

After reading all of the specifications, I don't see any mention of remotely turning on or off either my 6700 or 6300.  How does this work? How would one remotely select  one or the other radio?  I currently use a remote IP switch.

As my operating station is in a remote building, running back and fourth or requiring another external PC for remote on/off appears to be a inconvenience

Ken K7YR
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    @Guy You have no idea how much it costs to make a quality prioduct like this and do all the hardware and software engineering, tooling, etc. Just use the fixed stand and you will be fine. No one is forcing you to buy the tilt feet. I used the fixed stand for weeks and it was fine until I upgraded this week.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Tim,
    Is the VESA mount pattern 100x100 or 200x200?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    I am sure we will address that at some point but not in the initial release. You can purchase devices that turn on appliances using the Internet today from a phone or tablet that you can use in the interim.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    I believe that it is 100x100 going from memory but don't quote me. ;)
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Gerald,
    I have a small vesa mount I am toying with a way to make use of it, maybe.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Gerald, Paul and I were talking about UK prices. What tends to happen with *everything* is that if something costs $99 in the USA, it will cost £99 ($140) in the UK. The "exchange rate" is effectively $1=£1.

I really hope that the usability of SSDR will be addressed before v2 is available. I would suggest that the IU could benefit from having a separate beta team of those who have expressed the most interest in this aspect of the GUI and those who have provided the most input in this area.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    it is  the 100mm VESA mounts

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.