Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro

2»

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Steve is referring to the local CW side tone pan.  You can also pan the RX audio for A and B just as you can today in SmartSDR.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    @David
    International dealers will get everything they have ordered as of this date.  That is why we and they took pre orders.  

@W2NER
    Yes, it is for real unless an unanticipated issue comes up.  We have a fairly good handle on what is left to be done on the software but Murphy does have a law.  Oh, and we're kind of tired of the waiting game too.  ;>)  
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Amazing, raise the price.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Any news on the timescale for the so2r box yet? Some more info on that would be really helpful Gerald. My 6500 is in its way to a new home next week and I have the option of a new 6700 this week to dealer at a higher price due to drop in value of pound , or buying a friend's mint 6300 (he has decided to stick with his k3) as a stop gap and wait to see the price of the so2r box as an alternative. I saw the pictures of the prototype so2r box some time back but nothing since ( unless my busy work schedule caused me to miss something in it in recent weeks?). I am still unsure about the maestro and will want to play with one in the flesh at some point before deciding if it's needed in my contest station or not. No rush here, as I am still working my way through so2r set up tweeting having had some audio switching issues with n1mm and my 6500 this weekend in 12 hour section of rsgb Beru cw contest. Probably pilot set up error here and need to rtfm again
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

And the 4o3a amplifier?  Still in the works?  Any progress?

Ned,  K1NJ

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Rather than death by 1,000 cuts why not just ask Gerald for complete transparency of and on his company?
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Walt, 
        Since that product effort was announced about 10 months ago, I thought
    it was a fair question.  If it wasn't, then I apologize.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It wasn't directed specifically at you Ned. Multiple people are asking for status on this project or that project or when 1.7 is gonna ship etc. My guess is FRS will ignore until and unless the volume becomes disruptive. My thinking was, if one of us held up the mirror we could all reflect on the efficacy of asking questions we can all be reasonable certain FRS won't answer until and unless they are ready to announce. No, I wasn't elected to weigh in, I volunteered. I believe it is fair to say FRS has a vested interest in letting their customers know as new products become ready. If one looks at the first sentence of this thread, the problem should become self evident.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Cool stuff coming for sure. While no harm in the repetitive asking, it is harmful when a belligerent attitude when asking risks shutdown of information flowing out of FRS. If you put yourself in FRS's shoes, you perhaps might give out more or less information. But let's remember it is their call 110% when and what they release. Purposely being horses **** in requests that are belligerent and repetitive shut down the road map sharing. As I quietly ask questions and have some of the answers in return shared with me, I can confirm that the deliberate bad acting - the almost troll like approach to this forum gets much less information than asking directly, including a recognition that if trusted with advance information with a future open release that you will respect that embargo completely. The Alpha teams won't talk will upholding their trust with FRS. They are also doing an awesome job of polishing pioneering products into market ready releases. Have some self dignity and stop the three year old's badgering or understand we all end up kept in the dark and in "time out." None of us can say we didn't earn FRS's silences. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    If FRS can't keep us in the loop about the delays in a timely manner they shouldn't ask us for deposits for orders and make promises they can't keep. Why does it always take someone to "****" to get a response from flex with a "special edition" of the "flex insider".  I have started to realize that when Flex gives a release date for something, whether it be a software update or new hardware, add 6 months to it and that is when you wil have it. Maybe they shouldn't tell us about anything till it is READY to ship.

This is just my opinion . Call it bitchin, call it being like a kid, I don't care.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Here here!!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That was part of my point, when people are chided with comments like...well....just demeaning personal comments or opinions, that is what leads conversations to spiral downward. While I wouldn't want to be the recipient of personal emails from hundreds of antsy customers asking about the state of the soup it might be that rather than in a public forum which just serves to stoke people, on both sides, angst, a personal email to someone at FRS politely asking the status might be a better solution. If nothing else it might serve as a tickler to Flex maybe it is time to do an Insider status to calm those collecting torches and pitchforks and thereby reducing the email flow.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    We have been providing a special edition of the Flex Insider every 2-3 weeks.  The most recent one went out on March 11th and there is nothing new to say since then.  We will continue to give updates on a periodic basis until the bulk of the backlog has been shipped.  

I do not have a date yet on the SO2R controller for the 6300/6500.  It is behind Maestro in priority.  The 6700 does SO2R today without any other hardware.  

Here are the SO2R before and after photos at K9CT:

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    What an awesome difference! Noticed that the old way gear is being largely eliminated from his operations, which speaks hugely of the New Way viability! Thank you for sharing . I briefly touched base with Matt prior to this month's travel and appreciate the eventual ability to adjust around travels for Maestro delivery. I should have brought up to him that I will be happy initially with a single Maestro if fully filling my order would cause others to be delayed. With my Island shack largely unused until better weather and ditto on portable operations a delay for the additional if needed will work out fine. Again thank you for sharing and I do enjoy the special edition FlexInsider emails. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Hi Gerald,

Nice reduction of clutter shown in these two photos.  All you need to do is show the wives of hams these two photos.  Hi. 

Would like to eliminate one more wire, as well as the possibility of a lightning strike on the network  traveling up the ethernet cable into the Flex.  Is it possible to use one of those ethernet to wireless adapters in the ethernet port on the Flex 6000 series to transfer network data wirelessly?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Steve, island shack largely unused? We could probably work something out, should you be so inclined.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Winter access limitations, weather and only portable antennas until warm enough to dig & pour bases for Skyneedle and vertical. Much to do, which will be incorporating the K9CT lessons and Maestro-centric for the greater party. Since the trenching, wiring, tower, antennas and so much need fair weather, and then cure-time for the concrete to set prior to going on air other than with portable gear, I can wait. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    @Charles
    I know that some customers have found wireless devices that plug directly into the Ethernet port to provide a Wifi connection.  I think I saw it posted here on the community.  Maybe someone else remembers.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @Charles,
    This is not exactly what you were asking about (i.e. a wireless bridge) but another option to consider.  It has the advantage of being a full speed internet connection as well as protecting other devices (eg. your PC, printer, etc)

I use a fiber link to eliminate the "lightning on ethernet"  problem and another potential source of common mode RF.   It doesn't eliminate the "one more wire" but does allow you to maintain the full speed ethernet connection.  Cost is about $150.

http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#Ethernet_Lightning_Protection

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Charles...  this is the one I have used since day one.....  works flawlessly into my Asus RT-AC68 Router.  I plug it directly into the back of my Flex6500.

http://www.amazon.com/EA-N66-Ultra-Fast-Wireless-Repeater-High-Power/dp/B007ZT23ZE

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Following the advice on Al's excellent web site I just installed a fiber link and it cured a minor RF issue I was having. Well worth it!

Tim VE6SH
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I just ordered a Flex 6300 and preordered a Maestro. I hope to have it by Field Day, but if not, hey, its a just a radio widget.....and I've been doing this ham radio thingy for 37 years.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.