Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro, SSDR and skimmer

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had DAX turned off in SSDR when running a remote instance over my cellphone trying to save bandwith. Now back home sitting at my desk, I turned DAX on from Maestro. No way I could get the IQ-stream to reach CW skimmer. I had to open SSDR, turn on DAX there and presto! All started to work again, SSDR is closed and I am now happy running Maestro and CW skimmer. Anyone have an explanation on why turing on DAX on Maestro is different from using SSDR?

/Lasse SM5GLC

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Think of Maestro as a second computer, running SSDR, but it DOESN'T have CW Skimmer installed. Therefore turning on DAX on that machine has no effect. You found out that turning on DAX on the computer that IS running CW Skimmer is what you need to do.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Turning on DAX on the Maestro enables it for another client on the network running DAX. Same with the iOS app. There is no way for Maestro to use DAX. The on/off is purely to enable/disable it for clients that run the actual DAX client.

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I can see wh DAX has to be running on the same computer as Skimmer, but why did he have to enable DAX in SSDR? Isn't enough to just run the DAX application.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    DAX Channel has to be enabled from a slice
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't think you are actually starting the DAX program from Maestro.  You are just selecting which DAX channel would be associated with the slice or panadapter on your Maestro IF DAX were up and running on a properly equipped computer on the network.

Did you really need to open SSDR/Win to start DAX?  Or could you have just opened the DAX program on your Windows machine and clicked the proper button boxes in the DAX Control Panel?
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for all the information!
    DAX was not producing any IQ stream util I started SSDR and enabled the DAX from there. Doing the very same from Maestro did not do a squat.
    I had the DAX panel open all time to see if it idicate any stream. No matter what I tried on DAX, no stream would start unitl I did the SSDR DAX enablng.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.